We are looking for a Senior Project Manager to join a British multinational banking and financial services organisation on a contract basis. You will be working within the Compliance Transformation (CT) team that ensures effective and efficient definition, planning, management and execution of global change programmes related to financial crime risk, supporting the business teams and the bank to meet its regulatory commitments. Financial crime risk covers key areas such as money laundering, sanctions and anti-bribery and corruption. This is a 6 month FTC
You will do/be:
- Plans effectively around delivery constraints and optimises the plan to maximise benefits and minimise risk. Develops the plan within constraints, considering the delivery approach, key milestones and dependencies within the plan, requirements and scope, effort and resources, budgets and quality Ensures the baselined scope, requirements, benefits, schedule and budget are managed as outlined in Business Transformation Frameworks.
- Identifies and intervenes where there is slippage and variance from plan Plans and analyses costs, tracking operating and capital spend, and tracks reporting to financial business case commitments
- Oversees the tracking of project/s risk/issues/dependencies assesses the impact on the benefit realisation for the project/s and takes action to minimise impact, actively challenging and removing obstacles Influences and collaborates with stakeholder and delivery partners to drive the right project outcomes.
- Represents the project team at discussions regarding project prioritisation and to create buy-in for risk mitigation and contingency plan
- Obtains sponsor and stakeholder buy in to plans, key commitments and changes against baseline as they arise Obtains sponsor and stakeholder sign-off for deliverables, formally closes project, assesses stakeholder satisfaction and captures feedback.
- Captures key learns from each project and feeds back into Global Transformation methodologies and best practice
- Articulates to stakeholders the targeted benefits and takes joint responsibility for benefits realisation Manages the sponsor, working with them to ensure project deliverables are met
- Plans and manages the implementation of the change, to ensure benefits are realised and that the transition from current state to target state is smooth.
- Ensuring that the organisation and other change audiences are ready, willing and able to function in the new business environment .
- Works closely with delivery partners on planning, design and estimating, bringing together delivery partner teams; actively managing dependencies between these teams and other projects and programmes
- Sets the pace and operating rhythm, driving a culture of achievement and ensures pace by identifying and removing barriers to project success
- Promotes pace and energy within the team and leads by example
• Proven ability to work across regions whilst maintaining a global perspective
• Demonstration of commerciality with strong financial acumen
• Proven ability to work with senior stakeholders and business sponsors
• Evidence of ability to make key strategic decisions
• Delivery of large scale complex programmes at pace, developing high performing interchanging teams to support delivery at each stage
• Strong people and team management experience
• Proven implementation, change management and benefits realisation experienceBenefits
£500-560 per day PAYE depending on experience