Helpdesk Team Leader - £50k + on call allowance - Bristol (flexible working) - Windows, VMware, Aruba
Are you an experienced Helpdesk Team Leader looking for an exciting new challenge? Would you like to work for an award winning, nationwide solicitors going through an expansion and improvement phase?
My client is one of the most successful and forward-thinking solicitors in the UK who have a track record of investing and improving their workforce at all levels. They are going through a very exciting period of growth and are seeking a very technically hands-on team leader to be a focal point with their projects, BAU and leadership. .
You will be working closely with other Senior members of the IT team as well as managing a team of 5 IT Engineers. You will be taking responsibility for the efficient operations of their server and network infrastructure managing the likes of Windows Server, VMware and Aruba networking kit and taking control of the project management for implementations of the infrastructure.
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to)
* Fully responsible for the network infrastructure, including Server application maintenance, installation, and support.
* When needed you will help as 3rd line engineer, fixing and maintaining issues that are faced by the end user and system performance
* You will be responsible for creating, documenting, and implementing robust and practical IT Infrastructure Processes and ensuring that the Service Desk team are working to their agreed SLAs
* Day to day management of the team including inductions, development and coaching, delegation, and overall supervision along with monthly 1:1s and meetings.
* Management of the shift rota, to ensure Infrastructure cover across the core hours and call rota for the 24x7 out of hours
* Deliver key infrastructure projects that support the growth of the business ensuring that the infrastructure and security is correctly established.
* Ensuring the IT Governance Policy is adhered to through structured and well documented processes/procedures and that effective information security is in place
* Good experience of desktop technologies, including Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Office packages.
* Good knowledge of telephony including VoIP, Teams as a telephony platform and mobile telephony.
* A strong background in Windows Server and Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, CNS, DHCP, and clustering
* Excellent skills in virtualised environments ideally with VMware
* Knowledge or an understanding of Microsoft Azure/ Office 365 or other cloud technologies
* Network, Server and storage capacity planning
This represents a fantastic opportunity for someone to join a very well respected and well-known business in the legal industry. You will be involved in all aspects of IT and will have a real say on the direction that the IT can be taken.
Key words: support: Senior Helpdesk Engineer, Helpdesk Team Leader, IT Manager, Windows Server, VMware, Virtualisation, Azure, Office 365, Exchange, Telephony, Aruba,
If you are interested in this role or looking for something similar please contact Alex MacDermott directly.
Hunter Selection is a nationwide provider of recruitment services in ENGINEERING, MANUFACTURING, SERVICE & TECHNOLOGY. Find out more about us and search all our current vacancies at (url removed)