Urgent Higher Education Project Manager!
The SRS Project Manager is a role within the LEAP Programme Team responsible for the transformation of the student journey.
The post-holder will be responsible for managing the successful implementation of a new student record system (SRS) into the university. The role will plan, schedule and manage the tasks and resources required to ensure a successful delivery into the business of a new student record system that transforms the current student journey and ensures the organisation is 'fit for the future'.
An exceptional communicator and negotiator, the SRS Project Manager is responsible for business design and technical programme deliverables, identifying and managing interdependencies across the university and ensuring sufficient business engagement has been completed. A track record in the successful delivery of new student record systems in the HE environment is key. MAIN ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To ensure the successful delivery and adoption the new student record system to time, budget and quality whilst maximising opportunity to transform.
- To partnership with registry team and stakeholders to ensure business and student needs are met by the new SRS.
- To ensure that has the right level of information at the right time through Governance processes to keep the programme on track.
- To drive transformation of the student journey throughout the design and delivery of the SRS
- To build strong effective relationships with all stakeholders ensuring that their needs and challenges are understood and managed.
- To work with the Programme Manager to ensure PMO resources are deployed effectively in support of the SRS project
- To plan and co-ordinate the analysis, design, development, timely implementation and testing of deliverables
- To prepare activity reports for Programme and ICT governance.
- To proactively identify and mitigate risks, issues and dependencies. Reporting and escalating for action where appropriate
- To manage resources working on the SRS project including third party suppliers ensuring they are delivering to contract and within budgetary tolerances
If this sound like an opportunity for you please apply
- Project management qualified (Prince2 or similar) or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience of delivering complex projects with multiple dependencies and risks that will impact on the success of the implementation
- Proven experience of successfully delivering a Student Record System
- Extensive experience of user journey transformation
- Experience of data and reporting management including management of data migration
- Astute at being able to foresee programme dependencies, potential risks and issues, establish a process, facilitate discussion and manage escalations
- The ability to work effectively and manage a very wide range of complex stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to monitor and control plans using a wide range of Programme Management Tools (Atlassian Product Suite, MS Project, MS Excel)
- Experience in the development and production of project reports.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with a diverse range of both internal and external stakeholders both verbally and in writing. Able to demonstrate an understanding, and commitment to, equality and diversity, and its practical application.