We are delighted to exclusively represent a prestigious, multinational manufacturing organisation in their appointment of a Project Engineering Manager
The role holder will hold full responsibility for allocating and planning the workload of a diverse and multicultural team of both applications engineers and project engineers, thus allowing the management, ownership and influence of major capital projects from RFQ stage through to delivery.
This business offers complex engineering solutions to several sectors, though oil and gas is the predominant client base. The Project Engineering Manager will also be responsible for developing robust document control systems, and ensuring the team continue to hit key KPIs around on time delivery and customer satisfaction, whilst mentoring and coaching the team to work collaboratively as the two departments come together as one.
* Educated to Bachelors' or Masters' degree level in Engineering - all disciplines considered
* Professional certification in Project Management would be preferred - PRINCE2, APM, PMI
* An impressive track record in engineering project management, on major capital projects, working within an oil and gas or aviation setting, with experience dealing with EPC firms
* Experience in filtration or pressure vessels is highly desirable
* With demonstrable achievement in leading a technical team based in different international locations, where remote management has been necessary
* An inspiring, motivating people manager, keen to coach and develop a team of willing engineering professionals
* Exposure to projects in the Middle East is preferred
* Strong commercial acumen, highly numerate and accustomed to contractual management, effective and robust document control systems and gated, professional project management processes
* Some travel to other EMEA locations will be required as world circumstances change into 2022, so mobility and willingness to travel is key
Ultimately, we seek an accomplished, professional Project Engineering Manager who is as interested in people as in processes and will combine a strong technical ability with polished people management skills, encouraging a cohesive and collaborative working relationship between both application and project engineering teams, inspiring a shared vision and developing a consistent alignment with business objectives around engineering and project management.
This role will be based in the North East (Tyne & Wear) and is mainly office based with some occasional home working.
This role offers an ambitious manager the rare opportunity to be accountable for projects from quotation to delivery. Excellent opportunities for career growth on an international scale, ability to help develop and shape an Engineering strategy with a business that aspires to be the best of the best and has delivered growth year on year