Senior Associate / Legal Director Leamington Spa with hybrid working
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our highly-regarded development team at Wright Hassall - one of the largest, non-city-based law firms in the West Midlands. The development team acts for landowners, private sector property developers/housebuilders and affordable/social housing providers on all aspects of the development process on both instant and strategic development schemes. This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to join a well-established team at a firm who will support your personal development and nurture your talent. Wright Hassall is both Lexcel and Investors in People accredited.The Role:
- We are looking for an ambitious Legal Director / Senior Associate for our development team. We envisage that the most suitable candidates will have between 8-10+ years PQE, but we are open to candidates of 6+ years PQE.
- This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Senior Associate or Legal Director who are looking to progress their career. There is opportunity to progress to Partner level for the right candidate.
- Running own caseload and ensuring deadlines are met;
- Ensure the retention of good clients through appropriate client management and service delivery;
- Contribute to the development of the team business plan and take ownership for the delivery of assigned activities;
- Achieve personal utilisation and realisation targets;
- Contribute to motivating colleagues to ensure they are engaged in achieving the Firm's objectives;
- Managing and coaching more junior team members; and
- Setting clear objectives for direct reports and actively manage to reinforce strong performance.
- Solid development experience, ideally including experience of working with affordable housing providers, residential clients, small to medium sized developers and landowners;
- Experience dealing with land acquisitions and disposals and strategic land transactions;
- Experience of managing and developing junior fee-earning staff in working towards their personal targets;
- First class client and team communication skills and a desire to play a key role in the future of the development team;
- You will also be able to demonstrate the ability to work both autonomously and as a team player and will have high levels of motivation; and
- The ability to deliver succinct, quality and tailored advice to key clients working both autonomously and as part of a team.
- 25 days annual leave (rising to 30 days);
- Hybrid and flexible working available;
- Private healthcare;
- Training and development;
- Life assurance;
- Healthcare scheme;
- Subsidised gym membership; and
- An active social committee.
Wright Hassall values the differences and advantages that a diverse workforce brings to the firm. We are committed to ensuring that all applicants are valued as individuals and treated with respect and fairness.