A leading Global Investment Manager is looking to appoint a Director, Private Funds Lawyer in London. This is an exciting opportunity to join a market leader and make a valuable contribution to the successful functioning of the legal team.
You will primarily support the Private credit business but will also support other alternatives businesses including liquid strategies such as hedge funds, illiquid strategies as well as funds of funds solutions. Duties will include:
- Providing advice on matters related to open-end and closed-end fund structuring across multiple jurisdictions; preparing, reviewing and negotiating fund documentation and offering materials.
- Managing outside counsel's preparation and review of fund documentation and overseeing outside counsel with respect to private funds generally.
- Coordinating and working with business teams, compliance, tax, and operations teams regarding various aspects of private fund formation and operation.
- Providing advice and support to internal stakeholders to develop, establish and improve internal processes.
- Analyzing and managing a variety of regulatory issues affecting the private funds platform, including AIFMD, MiFID, SFDR etc.
You will be a qualified Lawyer with demonstrable experience as a private funds lawyer from a major law firm, legal department of an investment management firm or the alternative investment division at an investment bank. Fund formation experience and familiarity with AIFMD, MiFID is preferred and knowledge of Collateralised Loan Obligations would be desirable. It is essential to be able to demonstrate a pragmatic solutions-based counsel and strong relationship building skills combined with excellent communication skills. You will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, acting with a degree of independence whilst being part of a supportive and collegiate culture. You must have the flexibility and drive to support a multidisciplinary team with a solutions-based attitude.
If the role is of interest, please get in touch!