Brewing has taken place on the River Thames for more than 350 years and the Griffin Brewery opened there in 1845. Based in Chiswick, West London our Griffin Brewery is London's oldest continuous working brewery and became part of Asahi UK through acquisition in 2019. It was the first brewery to win the CAMRA Champion Beer of Britain award and has produced a wave of acclaimed ales. Through timeless classics, such as Fuller's London Pride and an ever evolving portfolio, Fuller's Griffin Brewery has long championed real ale and British brewing excellence, offering beers to suit all consumer tastes.
Asahi UK (AUK), part of Asahi Europe & International Ltd, aims to enrich consumer experiences through innovation, high-quality service and an exceptional portfolio of premium beer, ale and cider brands including, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Asahi Super Dry, Meantime, Fuller's London Pride and Cornish Orchards. Our aim is to be the leading super premium beer business in the UK, through a brand mix that creates a compelling proposition. At AUK we operate as an end to end business unit responsible for sales, marketing, customer operations, production, supply chain and wholesale operations in the UK & Ireland. For further information, visit www.asahibeer.co.ukJob Description
We have an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Team Leader to join our Fuller's Brewery (Griffin Brewery). This role is responsible for managing and developing a team of 10 Engineers and an apprentice, and leading the Engineering department on a day to day basis.
This role is also responsible for ensuring safe and efficient performance within the Engineering Team, whilst adhering to Asahi quality standards in respect to Utilities, Brewing and Site Production Lines.
It will also play an influential role in any continuous improvement programme at The Griffin Brewery, specifically in terms of planned maintenance, but also in the Asahi Ways of Working programme.Key Accountabilities
The Engineering Team Leader is responsible for the following key outputs and accountabilities
- Manage and improve planned maintenance schedules to achieve KPI goals for Maintenance Plan Attainment
- Manage the Engineering resource in terms of planned, reactive and corrective maintenance to ensure an effective service is maintained at all times
- Managing ISO for engineering, specifically calibration
- Manage insurance inspections for PSSR & LOLER
- Apply root cause analysis to engineering issues and implement SOP's & OPL's to close gap.
- Apply basics of Six-Sigma such as PDCA, 5-Why's, Fishbone to ensure good practice maintenance.
- Control Engineering stock levels to ensure fully maintained at all times
- Manage engineering spend within budget for production areas.
- Reducing utility costs through Continuous Improvement processes
- Reducing 'Spares' Spend
- Develop & complete the Engineering training matrix with gap analysis and closure plan
- Play an active role in the management of the Engineering Team, managing people and resources to meet the internal customer needs and optimum plant availability.
- Ensure that the team understand the strategy, their part in its achievement and the policy of maintaining & improving the individual quality & character of all Asahi beers
- Ensure excellent team communication is maintained and staff feel included and informed using all streams of available communications i.e. Town Hall, shift briefs, email etc.
- Identify timely responses to overcome performance issues and ensure appropriate action is taken to the point of conclusion.
- Develop and manage the capability of the Engineering Team, ensuring they are able to meet the demands of the business
- Overall responsibility for motivating, assessing training requirements and dealing with employee relations issues within the team
- In the event of apprentices; become mentor and take ownership of their development, training and welfare throughout.
- May be asked to deputise in the absence of Head of Engineering
Hygiene and H&S
- To meet and exceed quality standards at all levels
- Understand and control how engineering activities can impact on the Asahi Product Risk Management policy
- Ensure the health and safety of staff within the workplace
- Apply good practice procedures for the management of contactors
- Ensure all legal requirements are met at all times, overseeing process control requirements.
- Ensure safe systems of work are in place at all times including PTW, LOTO
- To be from an Electrical/Mechanical background with an Engineering HNC as a minimum qualification
- Experience of working in the food manufacturing / FMCG industry.
- Experience in maintenance, utilities, and construction maintenance
- An understanding of manufacturing & engineering environments, systems, and governance
- Demonstrable experience of supervising an engineering team (ideally within a FMCG or manufacturing business)
- Demonstrate a good understanding of health and safety, especially relating to:
- Steam generation
- Compressed air generation
Knowledge in terms of our quality standards, health and safety and any external legalisation relevant to this departmentKey attributes of the successful person
Additional InformationOn offer is a competitive salary inclusive of
- Ability to communicate amongst a variety of people from customers to contractors to Operations Managers and Directors.
- Ability to establish trust and rapport with our internal stakeholders.
- Hands-on and proactive attitude with a positive "can do approach".
- Disciplined approach to work including the ability to work under pressure to manage conflicting priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated with a flexible approach to workload
- Good planning and organisational skills with an ability to operate independently.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills with good attention to detail.
- Proven problem solving and Project management skills.
- Strong and fair approach to management
- Ability to motivate and lead the team to inspire them to be safe and maintain our quality standards.
Please no agencies.
- Beer allowance per annum
- Discounted onsite food offerings
- Annual bonus
- Industry leading pension contribution
- Life assurance
- 25 days' holiday