Cluster Finance ManagerDEPARTMENT: Head OfficeRESPONSIBLE TO: Group Commercial Manager, UKRESPONSIBLE FOR: Management AccountantsOVERALL JOB PURPOSE:
Manage the overall range of Finance, including Credit Control and Administration activities cluster of hotels, which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, fulfilling business aspirations to achieving and further developing the optimum position in its market.
Act to promote unity of purpose throughout the business, ensuring that all requirements are met in line with business aspirations.
To assist and enable staff to actively participate and contribute positively as a member of the Management team.PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Manage the management accounts aspects of each hotel with the management accountants to effectively and efficiently deliver the optimum product in line with business strategy.
- Ensure the reporting of all financial matters and integrity of all financial information contained within the accounting system.
- Provide estimates of cost overruns against budget. Advise the GCM on actions required to meet targets.
- Provide, in conjunction with Finance Director and other members of the Executive Management cost information for inclusion in periodic cost value reconciliation's in order to ensure accurate business costing, the completeness of accruals and identify business management issues for further action.
- Ensure adherence to the contract of internal control and produce correct payroll information prior to production.
- Ensure correct charging of invoices for goods and/or services delivered and/or services rendered to the business.
- Manage the provision of periodic forecasts, reviews of overheads and propose opportunities for cost savings as necessary and appropriate. Manage the clearance of purchase invoices, maintenance of employee recovery rates, records of accruals etc.
- Establish and maintain effective and positive relationships with guests, organisers, and colleagues, encouraging discussion and feedback, which will benefit the business.
- Ensure the correct interpretation, implementation, adherence and communication of company policies and procedures, e.g. local discipline, grievance, welfare, attendance and performance etc.
- Ensure regular and effective communication channels, which correctly inform staff of all relevant business, related matters, including regular team briefings etc. and receive feedback for the area of their responsibility.
- Ensure technical excellence for own area of work.
- Participate actively in departmental training, cross-training and development of yourself and your staff.
- Perform any other duties/projects as required by any member of the Executive Management team.
- Minimum of 6 x GCSE passes or equivalent including Mathematics and English.
- Essential - extensive experience of working as a Finance Officer or other senior level within a minimum 3 star hotel/hospitality related environment.
- Essential - experience of successfully managing diverse teams of people.
- Essential - experience of successful financial/budgetary/cost management.
- Desirable - qualified to Degree Standard (2.2) as a minimum in Finance/Accounting.
- Desirable - experienced and competent in using current hotel related software, e.g. Sage, Opera and other PMS providers
- Desirable - Membership of ACCA/ CIMA or working towards the qualification.
To submit your CV, please click Apply.
- Excellent team player
- Excellent personal presentation
- Self Starter
- Emotional maturity and stability
- Ability to cope with change and/or conflicting demands
- Articulate - excellent spoken and written English and able to communicate well at all levels (internally and externally) ·Commanding presence
- Good personal time management and priority setting
- Work well under pressure
- High attention to detail
- Ability to understand and interpret business strategy
- Excellent administrative skills
- Enthusiasm to learn and progress
- Creativity and innovation
This job was originally posted as www.caterer.com/job/95134664