Founded by Chairman Ron Jones in Wales in 1990, the Tinopolis Group is an international TV production and distribution group with businesses based in the UK and US. It has a portfolio spanning 13 content production companies across all genres. As one of the UK's largest producers in the nations and regions, it has production bases in Cardiff, Llanelli and Glasgow, as well as London.
We are looking for an organized Business Affairs Manager to support the Head of Legal and Business Affairs with the contracting and production compliance for Firecracker Films, Mentorn Media and Pioneer Productions.
· Support Head of L&BA in the contracting of a broad range of deals across TFG from both UK and international broadcasters/platforms incl. commissioning, development and distribution agreements.
· Issue talent & access agreements; review licence, supplier, facilities agreements; issue location and contributor releases.
· Contribute to the greenlight process for all new productions and GDPR and duty of care analysis. Subsequently advise and support production teams by identifying solutions to problems and highlighting areas of risk.
· Comply programming for broadcast as required.
· Track status of agreements, and ensure that completed agreements are named and filed correctly. Maintain a WIP record and provide status updates as requested.
· Keep up-to-date with legal changes affecting the TV production sector. Update template agreements as necessary, ensuring they're in line with regulatory and business needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Qualified lawyer, or equivalent, with a minimum of one year's post qualification experience and with business affairs and compliance experience.
· Competent drafter of contracts with a sound understanding of the applicable law and commercial parameters of deals. Strong attention to detail.
· Excellent negotiator and communicator; able to foster and maintain strong relationships with key contacts, both internal and external to the business.
· Clear commercial sense and pragmatic approach.
· Able to resolve problems under pressure and make rapid accurate assessments, with the ability to multi-task and define priorities.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 29th October 2021.
At Tinopolis we value diversity and we are actively encouraging applicants from a wide range of diverse backgrounds to apply, this includes those from Black, Asian and ethnic minority groups, lower social economic backgrounds and disabled candidates.