Procurement Engineer - BAE Systems - 6 Month Contract - Samlesbury, Blackburn - £16.97ph PAYE or £21.48ph UMB or £19.34ph Limited Company (Inside IR35)
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
Clearance Requirements & Eligibility
This role will require the person to hold full Security Clearance (SC) prior to working onsite. You will need to obtain a Criminal Record Check. You must currently hold or be eligible and willing to obtain SC and you must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship and have lived and worked in the UK for a minimum 5 year period. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Procurement Engineer at BAE SYSTEMS in the Air business working in the Procurement Shared Service- Air Capability & Equipment Organisation.
- Achieve cash in and cash out targets.
- Improve Supplier performance.
- Secure supplier bids to ensure new business are aligned with the customer.
- Place and Manage Purchase Orders onto Suppliers.
- Preparation and release of significant RFPs together with detailed assessment of incoming proposals.
- Building relationships with other internal disciplines and the Supply Base to enhance operational performance.
- Support project requirements to ensure needs and targets are met.
- To provide for and attend Internal & External meetings.
- Manage Supplier Performance KPI's to ensure on time delivery to a high standard of Quality.
- Good interpersonal, influencing & negotiating skills with the ability to communicate professionally at all levels and form relationships with internal / external customers
The successful candidate will be required to perform tasks suitable to the internal level of this role. The role will contain, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Raising Purchase Orders, managing order book / debt.
- To provide Procurement support to the Procurement Team
- To prepare for and attend internal meetings
- Manage supplier performance to ensure on time delivery to a high standard of Quality
- Experience of working in a Procurement environment desirable but not always essential.
- Essential skills needed are, communication, stakeholder management, Microsoft office, particularly Excel to a high level, attention to detail, to be able to work remotely with limited supervision.
- Must have excellent Microsoft Office Excel and good Word, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook skills Communication, Team Working and Motivation are Essential