Social Account Manager
Our client is a social media agency with a difference - they are a publisher too. They create, produce and distribute shockingly good video content through their social media communities (and beyond), earning untouchable results for their clients.
A career with them is a vibrant one - they're a rapidly growing agency, based in one of the most iconic offices of the West Midlands. And, whilst they may be getting bigger, they pride themselves on the family-style culture at the heart of their business.
They look for people who want to be a part of that culture, which means people who share their values. They create together, they believe in being passionate and honest, and they always strive to have a consistent positive impact on the business and on the people around them.
Their founder set out to create a company where nobody hated Mondays, or felt undervalued, and they work hard to uphold those principles. 96% of respondents in a recent team survey said they would refer a friend to work with them, so hopefully, they're doing a good job.
If you're looking to be part of something special - something dynamic, and exciting - Electric House could be the place for you.
The Client Services team ensures smooth day-to-day project management on key client accounts. This ranges from taking client briefs, managing internal project resource allocation and monitoring account commercials. The team act as the face of the company, building long-lasting relationships and helping their clients hit their business objectives.
The role of a Social Account Manager is to take ownership of all work being briefed to the agency and develop strong, long-lasting relationships with the client.
As a Social Account Manager, you will:
* Manage the entire project lifecycle, which involves producing quotes and project timelines, and creating post campaign analysis and reports, and monitoring overall performance to identify how we can increase future margins
* Continually develop your knowledge of our clients, their industries, competitors, and customers to position yourself as a trusted advisor
* Work closely with internal teams, and in particular Production, to make sure all content adheres to the client requirements, which may include attending shoots and providing guidance on filming locations and actors
* Take ownership of long term client scope, working with internal teams to consider and prepare for client requirements over the next quarter
* Act as a key point of contact for clients, expected to take feedback, present ideas, and share relevant insights
* Work with the new business team on any pitches that come into the business, and always work to identify new opportunities within your own client portfolio
* Lead creative sessions, using your knowledge of the client, their competitors and their category to ensure ideas will resonate with key stakeholders and customers
* Work with the social team to ensure that any work being produced for a client is suitable for publication to one of our channels
* Assist the Senior Account Manager Account Director as and when required, and act as constant support to junior team members.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will:
* have creative agency experience and/or in-house social media management experience
* have sound knowledge of the digital marketing landscape, with insight into different social media platforms and the impact their use has on our clients and their business objectives
* have experience of handling multiple projects, able to work to project timelines and quotes
* continually be working to improve processes and increase work standards
* have strong communication skills, able to confidently liaise with clients and internal teams, build strong relationships, and deliver clear, concise information
* have a meticulous eye for detail to ensure brand and client projects are executed effectively
* be a creative thinker who takes an enthusiastic and positive approach, is hardworking with an attitude that 'no job is too small'
* be a natural leader, who is approachable and always on hand to support and offer guidance to the team when required.
It is also a requirement of the role that you have a valid UK driving licence with access to a vehicle to attend shoots and client meetings.
Holidays: 20 days per year, plus 1 additional day for your birthday and 1 additional day for your work anniversary
Job Type: Full-time
Start Date: Immediate