IMH Recruitment are currently recruiting for Armature winders in the Dinnington area.
My client is a leading UK independent electrical engineering group delivering design, manufacturing, installation, maintenance and service solutions to customers across a broad range of industrial and commercial sectors.
They are now looking to recruit an experienced armature winder to be based at their site in Sheffield. Reporting directly to the Workshop Manager, your main areas of responsibility will require:
* Inspect various kinds of electro-mechanical equipment for damage and evidence of electrical malfunction
* Test condition of windings to relevant standards (also testing of previously re-wound machines)
* Illustrate and/or document all relevant data specific to unit's electro-magnetic characteristics, operating conditions, existing damage or intended serviceability
* Dismantle and/or strip damaged or unserviceable electro-mechanical equipment
* Prepare all reusable parts for rewinding and inspect renewed parts for hidden, structural damage or unusual conditions
* Rewind various kinds of electro-mechanical equipment, including but not limited to: single phase, three-phase, dc fields, armatures, wound rotors and transformers.
* Observe proper insulating techniques and/or requirements during rewinding
* Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis
* Operate specialised repair and testing equipment, including but not limited to: winding machines, test panels, surge testers, core-loss testers, cut-off saws, burnout ovens, back ovens, grinders, cranes, forklift trucks, brazing units, dip tanks, VPI systems and various hand-held power and non-power tools
* Observe all safety procedures and policies and use proper protective equipment
* Time served and semi-skilled or equivalent combination of education and experience is desired
* Mechanical aptitude required
* Prior experience working as a Winder is essential
* Full driving license would be an advantage
Working Days - Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm/5pm