*Assistant to the Financial Controller - Luton*
The role of Assistant to the Financial Controller is a fantastic opportunity to join the management team of our luxury resort set in 1,065 acres of stunning countryside. As Assistant to the Financial Controller you will be supporting and assisting the Financial Controller to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the hotel accounts department. You will be developing relationships with Heads of Department across the estate and will be able to build rapport with a diverse range of people and encourage cooperation. You will also be comfortable explaining financial analysis to the operational management team and those without a financial or accounts background. This is a fantastic opportunity to further your finance career in a varied 5-star hotel environment.
*Assistant to the Financial Controller Attributes/Experience:*
* Exposure to hands on Ledgers, Payroll and reconciliation of daily banking
* Previous supervisory experience and the ability to manage a small team
* A motivated self starter with an enthusiasm for hospitality
* Ideally some experience of P&L preparation and participation in month end accounts
* The ability to work with varying priorities and manage your own workload as well as that of the wider team
At Elite Hotels we have a single minded and unwavering goal to make every visit to our hotels a positive experience that customers feel compelled to talk about.
*About Luton Hoo Hotel, Golf & Spa*
Set within 1,065 acres of countryside with the River Lea snaking through the grounds, Luton Hoo is the quintessential English country house hotel. Befitting a location of such historical importance, a stay at the hotel will live long in the memory. With our 2 rosette Wernher Restaurant and award winning Adam's Brasserie we are committed to delivering hospitality to the highest standard. Our five star facilities include 228 unique bedrooms and suites, luxury spa, 18-hole championship golf course, state of the art conference facilities, shooting school and much more.
*Why work at Luton Hoo*
As an accredited Investor in People, we are dedicated to the development of our staff. Many of the team started out in junior roles, but have been offered training and promotional opportunities as their skills have grown. We are very fortunate to have a large percentage of long-term team members able to offer their experience and expertise to the next generation of hospitality professionals.
To support our staff we offer:
* Private health care
* Meals are provided by our talented kitchen team
* We have plenty of free parking
* We also have amazing recognition awards for exceptional customer service
* A share of the service charge
* Reduced price stays in all of our hotels - where you are treated like a guest no matter who you are!
If you feel that you can rise to this challenge, then please submit your application as soon as possible. We reserve the right to close the role early if sufficient applications are received.
*Service charge is dependent on hours worked and sales performance and is not guaranteed