Techunite LTD are recruiting for a client based near to Horsham for a Service Desk Manager to help oversee a service desk consisting of three technicians and be an escalation point supporting the IT infrastructure of clients across the South East. Having an MSP background would be an advantage here.
Great opportunity to work with a growing company with ambitious goals offering growth and training opportunities in a fun and hardworking culture.
This is predominantly an office based position with the option of working from home one day a week.
* Managing helpdesk ensuring SLA's are met and the appropriate resources aligned
* Respond to either first line support or end user software or hardware queries via email, phone or face to face.
* After identifying the issue, you will talk the first line support staff or end user through the required steps to resolution or escalate to third line support as and when necessary.
* Work with Head of IT and wider support team to ensure any recurring technical issues are addressed and any training or documentation requirements are identified and implemented.
* Update the ticketing system, ensuring the call has been logged and all notes, progress and required actions have been input promptly and accurately.
* Continuously improve knowledge and understanding across the various software and hardware technologies supported by the team.
* Maintain a strong customer focus at all times.
* Attend client sites for service and review meetings as and when required by the business.
* Keen to grow and develop with the company.
Skills / Experience / Qualifications
* Good understanding of domain environments - GPO administration, NTFS permissions, security settings, certificate management, advanced DHCP settings, resolving DNS issues.
* Good understanding of AD - Ability to setup AD, make changes, migrate to new servers, diagnose & resolve problems.
* Good workstation maintenance/troubleshooting - Ability to deal with any issue arising from supported environment.
* Good network knowledge - All aspects of routers, switches, AP's, network protocols, fibre links.
* Good understanding of virtualisation.
* Experience in managing and configuring backup solutions.
* Experience configuring and managing firewall settings.
* Experience in managing VOIP systems.
* Good understanding of office 365 and google workplace environments
* Previous MSP experience preferred.
* Driving licence essential
* Confident with site visits to clients
* Able to work independently and part of a team
SERVICE DESK MANAGER / SERVICE DESK TEAM LEAD / 2ND LINE SUPPORT / ESCALATION / ESCALATE / DOMAIN / VIRTUALISATION