Compliance Lead - Leading Not-For-Profit Organisation, Central London
About the Company
The firm are one of the leading NFP organisations in the UK, servicing scientific research across mental health, infectious disease and climate health around the world.
This organisation has had a profound impact on peoples lives across the world, including being a key partner with rolling out an effective COVID 19 vaccination initiative.
About the Opportunity - Compliance Lead
The business is looking to expand it's Compliance team and are looking for an experienced Compliance specialist to lead the strategy for Legal Compliance and to contribute to the development of a broader Ethics, Governance & Compliance strategy and provide sound compliance advise and support to the business around Financial Crime (AB&C, fraud and tax evasion), modern slavery act, conflicts of interest, sanctions and other areas of compliance risk.
You will be responsible for the development of legal and compliance strategy, as well as be a key leader on delivering on the firms objectives and strategic goals.
- Substantial experience of working in a Legal Compliance role, ideally with some experience of working in a purpose driven organisation.
- Leadership experience would be a bonus as this appointment will have 2 direct reports.
- Strong interpersonal skills - naturally able to inspire trust and confidence with an ability to build and maintain strong relationships across a variety of stakeholders including at the most senior levels
- Legal background would be preferred, but not essential.
- Pro-active, can-do attitude with a commercial mind.
For additional information, please contact Stuart Vines for further details: firstname.lastname@example.org