Job title: Sales Ledger Clerk / Credit Controller
Hours: Monday - Friday 8.am - 4.30pm / 9.30am - 6pm
Salary: £26,000.00 pa
Holidays: 25 days
We are looking to recruit a confident and motivated person to join our client's finance team as Sales Ledger Clerk / Credit Controller.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Taking a proactive role in managing and collecting debts of company debtors
* Maintaining customer records
* Evaluating new credit requests and reviewing customers' credit rankings (First Report)
* Setting up of terms and conditions of credit
* Ensuring timely payment of debts
* Following up payments as needed
* Processing and reconciliation of invoices and credit notes
* Taking customer credit card payments over the phone
* Checking and posting of receipts (cheques/BACS/credit card) to accounting system Opera
* Tracking of incoming payments and maintain contact with customers if they miss due
* Preparation of statements, client status reports, and all relevant information as required
* Managing and reporting on the Sales Ledger
* Reconciliation of customer accounts
* Managing proforma order and invoices
* Providing administrative support to the internal team
Key Skills & Qualifications:
* Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
* Professional, confident and diplomatic when liaising with customer queries, identifying
customer signals (verbal/non-verbal) which might likely indicate possible
delinquent payments, with the confidence to address and successfully resolve these issues
to ensure prompt payment of outstanding debts.
* Excellent telephone manner
* Solid team working skills; ability to maintain strong relationships with external customers
and internal colleagues
* Hard-working, self-disciplined and efficient
* Flexible and proactive nature
* Excellent computer skills; high competence in Excel essential
* Knowledge of accountancy software packages (knowledge of Pegasus Opera an advantage)
* Demonstrable experience of bookkeeping
* Accurate, efficient and organised with the ability to prioritise tasks as needed
* Ability to reconcile complex accounts
* 3+ years experience in a similar role
* Entry-level relevant accountancy qualification, or studying toward relevant accountancy
* Excellent maths skills
* Attention to detail
Our client is one of the UK's biggest online engineering component suppliers to the engineering industry and mechanical engineers. They have gained a reputation for high-quality, innovative products, with year-on-year sales growth.
Business growth has necessitated a re-location to a bigger, purpose-built warehouse in Chichester and this move offers an exciting opportunity for new staff members to work in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment, where an employee's hard work and commitment to the business are recognised.
Overall Job Purpose:
The Credit Controller reports to the company Financial Manager and liaises closely to deliver an accurate and efficient credit control service. This role requires building and maintaining strong relationships with customers to ensure the smooth running of accounts.
The day-to-day duties of the Credit Controller are varied and include managing the debts of creditors, ensuring timely customer payments are received and act where any late/delinquent payments, processing incoming funds, reconciling invoices, raising credit notes, resolving account queries and managing debt recovery (Pre court / court summons).
Location: Chichester, West Sussex