The Teaching Executives is a leading provider of teachers to schools throughout the North West and North Wales. We have offices situated in Liverpool City Centre and at The University of Chester. We are currently working with a school who are looking to appoint an Assistant Principal, with responsibility for Sixth Form, to join our dedicated Senior Leadership Team in providing support to the Principal in the effective management and leadership of the School.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding leader and an inspirational practitioner with a proven track record of supporting the management of a school at middle/senior leader level. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to demonstrate the confidence to manage change and work with colleagues at all levels.
You will be a dedicated, talented and enthusiastic individual who is passionate about developing and nurturing a flourishing sixth form, which will go from strength to strength. You should have high expectations of yourself, colleagues and students and demonstrate high aspirations for our sixth form students.
The ability to be a highly successful team player in a very busy and fast-paced environment is essential. Please note that you may be required to teach across Key Stages 3 and 4, in addition to Key Stage 5, depending on the requirements of the timetable.
You will have the capacity and energy to drive improvement, to lead by example and to develop collaboration between colleagues and departments across the School. The role will involve developing best practice in all aspects of sixth form life, especially Teaching and Learning.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual to champion the Schools' development, by joining us on our exciting journey and helping us to ensure our students receive a world-class education, thereby enabling each child to reach their full potential.
• Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to the appropriate Key Stage
• Giving constructive and guided feedback to students both written and verbally
• Summative and formative assessment, guide progress through marking and feedback
• Communicating effectively with parents throughout the year
• Attending departmental meetings
• Encouraged to share best practice within and beyond the department
• Lead extracurricular enrichment activities to extend learning beyond the classroom
• Qualified teacher with a PGCE, Bachelor's Degree, a Bachelor of Education, or the international equivalent. Up to date DBS certificate.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
• Possess an excellent subject knowledge
• Have excellent knowledge of the British Curriculum
• Maintain exceptional classroom practice
• Work collaboratively and creatively with colleagues
* Payment scale advertised is based upon the teacher pay scale from M1 to M6. Actual pay is based upon relevant teaching experience