We have an exciting opportunity for a Compliance Analyst to join The Royal Mint. The role of Compliance Analyst will sit within the Legal and Compliance team within the Finance Department reporting to the Compliance Officer. As a Compliance Analyst you will support the Compliance Officer in ensuring that the business is meeting its regulatory and legal compliance obligations, particularly those relating to Anti-Money Laundering.
Salary £22,500 per annum
- Conducting customer and partner due diligence and supporting supplier due diligence investigations. This includes conducting research, holding discussions with customers, partners, suppliers and stakeholders across the business, and report writing.
- Managing often complex cases independently and efficiently whilst maintaining quality and compliance.
- Monitoring of accounts, particularly those subject to enhanced due diligence, and conducting periodic reviews.
- Ensuring a smooth compliance journey for customers and partners by providing high quality service.
- Proactively escalate urgent cases and potential risks/red flags to the Compliance Officer for further review.
- Continuously review current processes and suggest improvements to the processes and systems used.
- Assisting with the implementation of internal, external audit actions and other such regulatory and compliance matters as required from time to time.
- Completion of required training and accreditations.
- Detailed conscious with excellent analytical and problem solving ability.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently with effective organisation and planning skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills - able to deal with demanding and diverse customers.
- Keeping up to date with current and future regulatory and legal compliance changes, identifying opportunities for improvements within existing processes.
- Previous experience in dealing with regulatory and legal compliance obligations, particularly those relating to Anti-Money Laundering, customer onboarding, and periodic customer reviews is desirable.
- A recognised regulatory and legal compliance qualification such as the International Compliance Association (ICA) Certificate in KYC and CDD is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of working in a customer service environment and the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- IT literate with experience of using MS Office is essential.