Hybrid working available - Home and site based. Monday to Friday 8:30am - 5pm
Join the Samworth Brothers Family!
At Samworth Brothers, we offer competitive benefits to all of our colleagues including:
* Enhanced Pension Scheme
* Private Health Scheme
* Employee Discount Scheme
* Annual Pay Review and Profit related pay
* Training and Progression opportunities
We have the opportunity for you to join our team as Packaging Innovation Manager. The Innovation team is newly formed - with a mission to create the future world of Food to Go and in doing so deliver a pipeline to realise the ambitious growth plans of the Food to Go business.
As the Packaging Innovation Manager, you will support the Strategic Development Manager to create and work to a compelling and meaningful packaging innovation strategy, taking current & future trends within packaging to inform a pipeline of projects. Reviewing and analysing current sustainability targets for packaging to achieve set and agreed targets. Challenge current thinking to stretch our goals and place Samworth Brothers Food to Go at the forefront of packaging innovation.
In creating packaging ideas and concepts for growth you will lead and inspire cross-functional teams, with strong levels of collaboration and creativity.
* Support the creation of and maintain an innovation and sustainability focused strategy for packaging
* Alongside Head of NPD & Innovation and Strategic Development manager set stretching and challenging targets for packaging innovation to support the overall strategy with close-in and further out delivery time horizons
* Work with key external stakeholders to identify areas of potential innovation and create project plans to support bringing the innovation to market
* Develop consumer winning packaging solutions from initial concept, through consumer testing and cross-functional feasibility assessment, defining the resource needed to execute, through to handover to Bakery teams
* Lead discovery phase of projects where packaging is the key focus
* Using knowledge and insights gathered from industry contacts, develop packaging innovation recommendations to the business.
The Right Person
We are one big team and we look for people to join our business who want to work with others but take responsibility for doing their best every day to help to make the business a success.
* Relevant qualifications within packaging technologies
* Experience within packaging roles for chilled manufacturing
* Understanding of packaging equipment capabilities
* Strong knowledge and understanding of key materials i.e. flexibles, carton-board & corrugated board
* Strong knowledge of print processes and relationships with key printers
* Strong project management skills and ability to work independently and as part of a cross functional team.
At Samworth Brothers we take pride in our family feel within our businesses and work together to make things happen. We can offer you the stability of a wider group as well as the opportunities that that offers if you wish to progress your career with us. We are family and we would like to invite you to be part of that and support our teams in delivering great products to all of our customers
Samworth Brothers do not engage with unlicensed gangmasters or third parties. Samworth Brothers will NEVER ask you for money in order to provide you with employment. If you are in any doubt, please contact an official Samworth Brothers representative