Location: Nottingham (with occasional travel to clients required)
Contract Type: Full time (37.5 hours per week)
Salary: £35-40k dependent on qualification and experience
Our client has a job vacancy for an VAT Manager, you will be expected to build and maintain relationships with their corporate client base, whilst ensuring all indirect tax compliance reporting requirements are met in a timely and efficient manner.
Our client is the regions leading firm of trusted accountants and business advisors working with international clients alongside their international offices. They work with ambitious business of different shapes and size al across the globe.
You will be responsible for UK and EU indirect tax compliance work on a varied portfolio including manufacturers, distributors, and retailers, however, regular opportunities to work on advisory projects will also be available if desired. Our clients work includes UK and EU VAT returns including Union and Non-Union MOSS as well as IOSS.
You will be a key member of the VAT team and as part of your role, it is essential that you build strong relationships with other specialist advisers to ensure that our clients receive the highest standard of service.
Your role will also include the supervision of junior members of the VAT team, and you will be expected to play a key role in their development.
* You will be expected to take full responsibility for managing the VAT compliance process across our portfolio, including fee raising where necessary.
* Ensuring UK and EU VAT returns, EC Sales Lists and Intrastat supplementary declarations are prepared accurately and submitted within the statutory timescales.
* Undertaking responsibility for managing tax authority queries raised on any clients.
* Ensuring that the firm's quality control procedures are adhered to
* Identifying risks, technical issues, and any planning opportunities, to be raised with the Director of Indirect Tax, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
* Participating in bids/proposals for new client opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have
* 3 years post qualified experience (ACA, CTA or equivalent).
* A proven track record in tax compliance gained from working within professional service firms and/or an industry in-house team.
* The ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workloads.
* 25 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays, the option to purchase additional annual leave and your birthday off, on us. Long serving employees can also request sabbatical.
* Kudos reward scheme.
* Regular social events and annual companywide away days.
* Bonus referral schemes for introducing new talent or clients.
* Life assurance, discounts on a huge variety of retailers, and cashback on healthcare (including dental visits, physiotherapy etc)