When you step into SEI - anywhere in the world - you know you're not inside a traditional financial services company. We have no offices. Our open innovation spaces spur creativity, the provocative artwork inspires conversation, and the flexible work-life balance drives personal and professional growth. We are a place to inspire your work, build your voice, and grow your community. We're different. And we're proud of it.Summary:
The SEI legal team is primarily responsible for advising on legal and regulatory matters and participating in negotiating and drafting various services and other agreements with clients and vendors and supporting the development of global business solutions and services are primary responsibilities of the SEI legal team. Individuals maintain a comprehensive understanding of multi-jurisdictional law and regulations, as well as knowledge of various investment product structures and regulations and leverage their expertise and capabilities by engaging external legal counsel and other advisors as necessary and liaising with other elements of the SEI global legal and compliance team.
You will act as the legal adviser to the SEI private banking/wealth platform team. The team operates in an innovative field and continuously looks at new technology solutions that can be provided to clients in a fast-moving sector. The role is mainly transactional, involving interaction with clients and third party vendors across the spectrum of the wealth management industry, though on-going advice to stakeholders in the business is also important. The candidate should have an interest in fintech and the opportunities which this evolving sector offers and experience of the rules applicable to outsourcing arrangements would be an advantage.What you'll do:
What you'll bring to the table:
- Provide support to the SEI Global Wealth Platform market unit, the negotiating global wealth services agreements and other commercial agreements / relationships
- Where required the candidate would assist with drafting/negotiating corporate wide commercial and other agreements and provide advice and support to other department heads. As part of the London legal team, the lawyer will be called on to assist in other matters impacting SEI's activities within the UK office, as needed
- Expertise in corporate law, and experience in advising on and managing corporate reorganisations would be an advantage
- Drafting and negotiating various agreements (including custody, distribution and terms of business)
- Escalating appropriately legal and regulatory issues to the UK general counsel
- The candidate will report to SEI's General Counsel and will be required to work in a team environment with other members of SEI's legal and compliance team in the London office as well as with members of SEI's legal and compliance team globally, SEI's external counsel, and members of other organisational groups within SEI group companies - worldwide.
Attributes we value:
- Demonstrable experience within financial services (or corporate / commercial field), preferably with significant in-house experience
- Experience in the negotiation of transactional documentation of various financial services / corporate / commercial agreement
Knowledge of FCA handbook, incl. an understanding of the key rules governing outsourcing an advantage
Drafting skills on all types of documentation
- Organisational skills necessary. Individual will be required to carry out own administrative tasks
- Excellent drafting skills, including an eye for detail whilst possessing the ability to be able to contextualise the issues arising
- First rate communication skills, able to address both legal and non-technical colleagues, with the ability to clearly explain complex legal matters and jargon in simple terms
- Interpersonal skills
- Appreciation of when to bring legal or regulatory issues to the attention of the SIEL General Counsel
- Flexibility and willingness to support all team members in different aspects of the legal and regulatory work as required
- Sound judgment combined with the diplomatic skills required to ensure legal risk is adequately mitigated whilst retaining sufficient commercial focus to ensure the business is able to achieve its objectives, where possible
SEI is an equal opportunities employer and so much more...
After 50 years in business, SEI is a leading global provider of investment management, investment processing and investment operations solutions. Reflecting our experience within financial services and financial technology our UK office is based between the City of London and the growing technology hub of Shoreditch. The open plan nature of our office space, flowing lines and numerous art installations are designed to encourage innovation and creativity in our workforce. We recognise that our people are our most valuable asset and are (literally) invested in your success; we know that a healthy, happy and motivated workforce is key to our continued growth. We are focused on ensuring a healthy work-life balance and offer our employees benefits which include private medical care for you and your family, access to GPs online for appointments, enhanced family leave, volunteer days, access to thriving employee networks and not forgetting free fruit twice a week.
SEI Investments (Europe) Limited ('SIEL') is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 191713).