Our Legal & Compliance Department is seeking a new colleague for the role of Senior Compliance Analyst. This is a 12 months FTC with the possibility of extension or conversion to permanent employment.
In this capacity, you will support Assala's Integrity Due Dilligence (IDD) processes and analysis, as well as lead other compliance-related initiatives. Whilst based at our headquarters in London, you will have regular interaction with our Gabon-based team and local vendors.
As Senior Compliance Analyst, you will be expected to comprehend complex issues while conducting detailed investigative research and analysis-via a range of open-source and licensed sources-to identify and assess regulatory risks.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Conduct research, perform analysis, and write due diligence reports;
- Understand specific requests to develop custom risk-analytic reports;
- Provide training and support in the IDD areas to the Supply Chain Team company wide;
- Assist with the supplier portal managed by C&P;
- Support Internal Audit as requested in assigned compliance reviews.
To be appointed in this capacity you will have to demonstrate relevant professional experience, specifically conducting investigations and writing due diligence reports in addition to:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are a must, whilst fluency in French is highly desirable given the regular interface with our colleagues based at the affiliate - Assala Gabon - and local Gabonese vendors;
- Strong attention to detail combined with interpersonal and project management skills;
- Exceptional client focus and service mentality
- Research, and analytical skills, including the ability to quickly and concisely summarize complex issues
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in law, international relations, political science, regional studies, business or related area of study
Assala is a dynamic, fast-growing organisation, with exceptional commitment to its values and a working culture that we take great pride in.
Our remuneration packages, which are highly competitive, include:
- 25 days leave per year, in addition to UK Public Holidays;
- Private medical and dental care, extended to you and your dependents
- Pension with enhanced employer contribution
- Monthly Leisure allowance
Assala Energy is committed to its people and their development. All employees are given ample opportunities to further their skills and experience as they progress in their professional field.
If you are looking to make an impact and join a forward-thinking company, which places utmost emphasis on conducting business in a holistic, responsible manner, then we'd love to hear from you!