Role: Junior Web Developer
Salary: £25,000-£28,000 per annum
Our client is a marketing agency who work on life-changing campaigns in areas including health, sustainable travel, equality and diversity that achieve real results.
You will work closely with the in-house digital team as well as with our clients and the wider team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join our multi award-winning digital team and develop within a vibrant and creative environment.
The digital team work on a variety of bespoke websites as well as APIs, games and a number of other digital projects so you will always be learning on the job.
The role involves:
Working as part of a team to create, develop and maintain websites and applications.
Bringing fresh ideas and insight to projects.
Building relationships with clients to ensure they get the outcomes they need.
Having a keen eye for detail, making sure output is always of the highest quality.
The successful candidate:
You will have a good level of website development experience and be looking for a challenging and rewarding role in a busy full service marketing agency.
You will ideally have a minimum of 2 years experience in the industry.
The Ideal Candidate will:
* Have commercial experience in HTML5 / CSS3
* Be proficient in responsive web development
* Be well versed in PHP & MySQL
* Understand PSR coding standards
* Be experienced in UX & UI best practices
* Be able to develop with Gutenberg blocks in WordPress
* Be keen to progress, have a flexible can do approach and an ability to multi-task and hit challenging deadlines.
* Object-orientated development in PHP
* Working with cPanel/WHM
* Writing WordPress plugins
* Using Gitflow for version control
* Working with the Roots development framework (Sage and Bedrock)
* Deploying websites (Linux server administration and DNS)
* Scripting with Capistrano
* Building HTML emails with best practice
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer