The main purpose of this Chartered Accountancy role will be to deliver key accounting information and analysis to support the businesses with meeting their commercial objectives and strategy. The Accountant will be part of a medium sized accounts team and the position requires engagement with many different areas of the business within the Group. The role is wide ranging and it covers all aspects of preparation of the monthly accounts and supporting the day-to-day activity of the Finance Department, as well as being a Business Partner to the wider operational functions.
Duties will also include:
• Prepare the Annual Budget for the business supported by a fully detailed Budget Pack.
• Produce and present the full Management Accounts Pack, including P&L balance sheet and variance analysis, to the Group Finance Director each month (by the agreed deadline) containing all relevant lead schedules, balance sheet reconciliations and working papers.
• Act as a strategic business partner to the Finance Team and wider senior operational stakeholders at all times to meet commercial objectives.
• Experience of multi-national group consolidation under IFRS.
• Support the Group Finance Director & senior management team with strategic growth opportunities i.e. Company acquisitions.
• Progress the production of monthly Departmental Accounts to support the main monthly Management Accounts.
• Prepare a detailed Audit file for use by the external Auditors in completion of their fieldwork.
• Undertake ad hoc analysis and tasks as required by the Group Finance Director.
• Qualified ACA Accountant.
• Academic achiever.
• Logistics / distribution industry exposure desired.
• Keen eye for detail with analytical skills and an ability to manage the balance between the inherent routine of the role and a desire to improve processes by challenging the status quo.
• Excellent business partnering skills with the ability to influence stakeholders.
• Dynamic and self-motivated individual with the ability to work to deadlines within a commercial environment.
• Experience of working for a leading global organisation.
• Advantageous, but not a pre-requisite to have knowledge of Sage accounting software.