We're digital marketing agency Exposure Ninja. We're a rapidly growing team who run successful online marketing and PR campaigns for our lovely clients. We're on track to becoming the UK's best digital marketing agency for SMEs, and we'd love you to join the journey.Our ideal PR Specialist will do the following:
Day-to-day responsibilities:As a full-time PR Specialist, you will:
- Work with journalists and editors to secure press coverage in big name media publications like Forbes, the Guardian etc.
- Have a relevant network and contacts within the press and media industry from previous PR work.
- Research and write interesting and newsworthy stories for our clients.
The skills we're looking for:
- Develop creative ideas and pitches for PR and outreach campaigns for our clients.
- Research interesting and unique data for research-led content pieces and campaigns.
- Interview relevant professionals within our clients industries (including clients themselves) to create thoughtful, industry-led content.
- Execute PR and outreach campaigns, working in collaboration with colleagues who are specialists in SEO, PPC and Social Media.
- Network with journalists and editors of well-known media publications and build strong relationships.
- Confidently pitch journalists and editors in your content ideas, collaborate with them to find newsworthy stories, and leverage your network secure coverage.
- Get articles and other content published in well-known media publications (the likes of Forbes, the Guardian, Huffington Post etc).
- Create short presentations of your PR ideas and attend client meetings and get our clients excited about your PR campaign ideas.
- Nurture your own profile and network as a PR Specialist through social media.
Desirable, but not essential:
- At least two years experience in a PR or marketing position (either in-house or agency side, or as a journalist)
- A portfolio of articles and/or successful PR campaigns you've run across various sectors.
- A passion for PR, outreach, journalism and telling stories.
- A network of contacts and journalists across well-known media outlets and publications.
- Experience writing press releases and articles.
- Confidence pitching journalists and editors over the phone and by email.
- Excellent time management/organisational skills and the ability to work to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Positive, proactive and collaborative work attitude.
- An understanding of SEO practices such as content writing for SEO, link building, keyword research and search intent. We're very happy to train you on this if you don't!
- A network of social influencer contacts across a range of sectors (fashion, health, travel, finance, lifestyle etc). If not, you can start building this while you're here!
- 100% remote working!
- Flexible work hours
- 24 days annual leave + 8 bank holiday days
- Flexible bank holidays - if you prefer you can choose to 'bank' these holidays days and use them at any other time in the year
- Birthday off!
- Ninjaversary (your annual work anniversary) off!
- Generous sick pay policy
- Paid training time
- In-house training courses as well as external training (such as Google qualifications and Hubspot)
- Incredible teammates (really some of the best people!) and supportive work environment
- Opportunities for growth, taking on new projects, secondments to other departments, running with your own ideas etc
This is a full-time contract position of 40 hours per week.Salary: