The Southover Partnership is seeking to appoint a new Chair of Trustees to provide leadership to the Board and continue supporting the Senior Management Team.
The Southover Partnership provides education for children and young people with special educational needs. The school educates young people of secondary age living with autism and or social, emotional and mental health needs. All have education health care plans. Southover also has an outreach service that provides education for children between the ages of 5-19 who are educated at home or require support in school. All have complex special needs.
What will you be doing?
The Chair will hold the Board and SMT to account for the Charity’s mission and vision, providing inclusive leadership to the Board of Trustees, ensuring that each trustee fulfils their duties and responsibilities for the effective governance of the charity.
The Chair will also support the Executive Headteacher and ensure that the Board functions as a unit and works closely with the entire Executive of the charity to achieve agreed objectives. They will act as an ambassador and the public face of the charity in partnership with the Executive Headteacher. Please see the candidate pack for more details about the role.
What are we looking for?
In addition to the qualities required of a Trustee of the charity, the Chair must also meet the following requirements:
- Experience of operating at a senior strategic leadership level within an organisation.
- Successful track record of achievement through their career.
- Experience of charity governance and working with or as part of a Board of Trustees.
- Experience of external representation, delivering presentations and managing stakeholders.
- Significant experience of chairing meetings and events.
Knowledge and skills
- Strong leadership skills, ability to motivate staff and volunteers and bring people together.
- Financial management expertise and a broad understanding of charity finance issues.
- Good understanding of charity governance issues.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Special Needs Education charity sector and current issues is desirable but not essential.
What's in it for the volunteer?
We are looking for a very special person to replace our current Chair Carol who will be retiring and deciding that it is time to pass on the baton to another. Carol has said about her time at Southover Partnership "Southover is an inspiring organisation staffed by committed and creative people who strive to re engage all of our children and young people in education so that they leave us being the best that they can be. I sleep well at nights knowing the tiny incremental steps achieved turn around our students’ lives".
The Board meets 4 times a year during term time. Please see candidate pack for further details or contact the TrusteeWorks team.
Before you apply
TrusteeWorks are supporting The Southover Partnership with their board recruitment. Please submit a CV and supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the supporting statement please include how your skills and experience match the person specification, why you wish to join The Southover Partnership's Board and any other relevant details in support of your application. For an informal chat with The Southover Partnership please contact the TrusteeWorks team who will be able to arrange this.