The purpose of this role is to provide operational support to the Engineering Manager by developing and maintaining electrical systems and processes to support the achievement of the company's business goals and objectives.
You will have a degree in Electrical Engineering or qualified by experience and able to demonstrate strong technical management/leadership skills to recruit, train and develop a team.
Experience of working in a Manufacturing/Industrial environment, able to demonstrate Supervisory/Management experience, strong technical skills with good Mechanical knowledge, (Hydraulic and Pneumatic), process improvement and be quality focused whilst being up-to-date with Health and Safety regulations.
Good working knowledge in the following: (HV 3 Phase Power from 11kv to 33kv), Electronic Testing Design, Site Power Distribution, Electronic Production Technologies, Electronic Systems and Electronics Troubleshooting
Any knowledge in assisting with budgets would be an advantage but not essential, able to deputise for the Engineering ManagerBasic salary up to £54,000 depending on experience, bonus, excellent benefitsDuties
- Experience in interviewing, candidate selection, coaching, training, counselling, and conduct disciplinaries, staff appraisals and reviewing job contributions.
- Plan and review compensation actions and enforce policies and procedures.
- Achieve operational objectives by contributing electrical engineering information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
- Prepare and completing action plans, implement production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
- Resolve problem, able to complete audits.
- Plan electrical projects by determining specifications, selecting contractors, establishing installation schedules and plan shut-downs and installations.
- Integrate requirements with architectural and mechanical designs, verifying code requirements, updating cost estimates.
- Completes electrical projects by supervising installations, resolving design issues.
- Maintain electrical systems by establishing and enforcing preventive and on-going maintenance, and testing programs, scheduling repairs, coordinating shut-downs and installations.
- Identify trends, determine system improvements, and implement changes.
- Meets financial objectives, forecast requirements, and assist in preparing an annual budgets and schedule expenditure, analysing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Develops strategic electrical plans by studying operational plans, look at existing conditions and determine needs to accomplish operational plans.
- Map solutions, update and modifying requirements and solutions and prepare cost estimates and budgets.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment complying with company standards and procedures, codes, and legal regulations.