Director of Clinical Services | Senior management | Band 8d- dependant on experience | Watford, Bushey | Full Time-permanent | Group wide advancement opportunitiesSpire Bushey Hospital has an unmissable opportunity for a Director of Clinical Services to join their dedicated team to provide overall clinical leadership and operational management to all areas of the clinical and non-clinical service areas. This a varied role where you will be working across all clinical areas of the hospital and working collaboratively with numerous internal and group-level stakeholders.
The successful candidate will manage seven direct reports including the Deputy Director of Clinical Services and the Allied Services Manager, leading them through extensive change and transformation of our hospital. This dynamic role is best suited to someone who can bring enthusiasm and vision, to service improvements and developments, and helping us to ensure that clinical services provided by Spire Bushey are Outstanding. You will need to be an experienced people manager, who is able to empower and encourage staff to new ways of working whilst providing clinical expertise and guidance where required.
Spire Bushey Hospital is one of North London and Hertfordshire's leading private hospitals, with an excellent reputation for delivering high-quality private hospital treatment. The hospital offers a premium service in key areas of complex healthcare including orthopaedics, neuro spinal, general surgery and gynaecology. Spire Bushey Hospital forms part of a 4-site portfolio and is supported by and works alongside Spire Bushey Diagnostic Centre, Elstree Cancer Centre and Spire Pathology Centre - based on Centennial Park in Elstree - just 5 minutes from the main hospital site.Duties and responsibilities :
Who we're looking for
- Promote a cost effective, patient focused quality service for the continuing success of Spire Healthcare.
- Provide clear focus on business results, maintaining the balance between quality healthcare delivery and sound financial performance.
- Lead and implement the hospital's clinical strategy and provide support and input to the hospital's overall business strategy, consistent with corporate direction
- Support the commercial development of clinical services including actively creating new business and innovative opportunities
- Deputise for the Hospital Director in their absence
- NMC registered Nurse
- Experience of working in a similar capacity or as a deputy looking for your next career move- either within the NHS/private sector
- Demonstrable competence across a range of clinical, management and leadership skills supported by professional and clinical knowledge acquired through state registration and further education and development.
- Evidence of substantial post registration, continual professional development in management and clinically related and relevant subjects
- Experience of management, motivation and development of teams in particular a track record of successfully applying performance management
- Demonstrable evidence of change management and taking a key role in strategic management initiatives
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- 'Spire for you' reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Sherine Lowers on 07885706278 or Spirehealthcare1@cielotalent.com For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications.