An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual to join our team working on our destination tourist board and hotel accounts.
SLC' s purpose is:
Connecting people in travel to inspire life-changing experiences . By providing the vital connection between tourism products, the travel trade and media, SLC aims to increase visitor numbers and spend for destinations and revenues for hotel, DMC and attraction clients by increasing awareness of the products we work with and pitching them for inclusion in consumer marketing, brochures /websites and in the media.
About the role:
This is a unique opportunity to join our company as we rebuild outbound travel from the UK for 2022 and beyond, we are seeking a motivated travel trade and marketing executive to help us deliver growth.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
· Educate the travel trade through training sessions and regular meetings on the destination and clients you represent
· Plan, manage operations and recruit attendees for events.
· Manage in-market client visits and trade shows.
· Build and manage relationships with key partners of the travel industry
· Work alongside great team members to deliver varied projects including co-op marketing campaigns with trade and airline partners
· Maintain and grow a database of engaged agents, communicating with them regularly via e-newsletters
· Arrange and manage familiarisation trips taking responsibility for the execution from start to finish
· Manage key stakeholder relationships
· Provide robust reporting and recommendations from activity
What attributes will you need to be successful:
1. Excellent presentation and training skills.
2. An ability to use own initiative to solve problems.
3. Be proactive and driven
4. Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
5. Sound organisational and planning skills.
6. Ability to juggle several projects simultaneously
7. Prepared to travel in the UK, Ireland, Europe, Asia and Australia as needed
8. Time management skills and attention to detail.
9. Possess a strong work ethic and be a team player
10. Minimum of two years in a similar role or in front-line travel sales or marketing
What else might help?
1. A sense of humour, fun and curiosity
2. An understanding of marketing and the travel industry distribution network
3. Events management experience
4. Passion for travel and destination marketing
5. Creativity and promotional skills.
6. Travel and Tourism or related degree