Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.Senior Product Designer The Role:This role has the option to either be remote, or working from one of our offices in Manchester, Milton Keynes or London
As a Senior Product Designer at Xero, you will be responsible for designing beautiful, enabling and meaningful experiences that solve genuine customer problems. As a seasoned designer you'll work closely with Product and Engineering on med-large scale projects within a product area of a portfolio.
You will work closely with the Design Senior Leadership team within your product portfolio to understand the Product Design vision and direction and ensure consistency and quality of execution within your product design delivery.The Team:
It's an exciting time at Xero UK as we have a newly formed Product Design team that is growing fast. We are now seeking a Senior Product Designer to play a pivotal role in establishing the Product Design practice alongside your Research & Service Design peers, with a specific focus on our mobile offering.You will have the opportunity to
- Promote the value of design and collaborative practice across spheres of influence and participation
- Conduct desk research including domain and competitor analysis, interaction/design trends and 'best of' examples
- Create frameworks (read wireframes low/high-fi, visual frameworks, content/data models etc) which articulate the components, journeys and elements required to solve 'the problem'
- Develop phased design solutions that bridge the gap between a future state and current patterns, XUI design system and other relevant constraints and consideration
- Collaborate with development teams during sprints to provide design QA and problem solve issues as they arise
- Create effective handover materials which clearly communicate how the design should look and behave throughout interaction flows and journeys (e.g. User flow diagrams, design specifications, experience/interaction specifications etc)
- Contribute to identifying research opportunities, planning and undertaking research and testing relevant to your product area
In order to be successful in this role, you will have
- Experience working on large design projects
- Experience working on both Android and iOS mobile apps
- Experience building and iterating on a product or experiences based on usage patterns, user feedback and an evolving strategic landscape
- A portfolio that demonstrates high-quality design outcomes, contributing to user experience and business value
- Experience across the entire design process
- Track record of innovating and delivering high quality design experiences
- Track record of solving customers' problems through design thinking and execution
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package with benefits that support a range of lifestyle choices and requirements and the opportunity to participate in Xero's success through our Long Term Incentive scheme. Xero has rapidly expanding offices in London, Milton Keynes and Manchester and our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we're immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, and Disability Confident committed. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you'll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.