Location: Parramatta, SydneyType: Permanent, full time positionYour part in a changing world
At QBE, we're driven by our purpose - to give people the confidence to achieve their ambitions
We are an international insurer and reinsurer offering a diverse portfolio of commercial, personal and specialty products, as well as risk management solutions. Our product portfolio includes property, motor, crop, energy, marine and aviation. We employee a team of more than 11,800 people, in 27 countries around the world.The opportunity
As the Office365 Product Owner you will develop the strategic and tactical engineering roadmaps for technologies and services in their area of responsibility, making sure that they are future proofed, and that the organisation derives maximum value from investment in technologies. You will work with technical architects to translate the architectural designs into operations and support operationalizing of the designs. This role will indirectly lead and direct infrastructure specialists' teams in building, managing, supporting and maintaining solutions according to QBE and divisional policy.
Reporting to the Unified Communications Manager, you will be responsible for:
Your story so far
- Defining the Technology Roadmap for the Office365 Platform across QBE. Particular focus is within the Power BI Platform & MS Teams environments across QBE
- Proficient in the administration side of the Office 365 suite, particularly Power BI Service and Power BI Premium products in addition to MS Teams & Exchange Online services
- Responsible for providing consulting services to various projects/programs on need basis for the entire Office365 suite
- Being part of Technology Services, this role will be responsible for designing and build of any business solutions based on the entire Office365 platform in conjunction with Technical Leads & Senior Engineers within the team
- You will liaise directly with business users to provide guidance on Best Practice use of all Office365 applications in QBE
- Create a governance framework for usage of Office365 Platform
- Work with the broader Group Infrastructure Services team to set up a regular cadence of updates to the Office365 client applications
- Assist the global Yammer groups for Office365 and sub groups for Power BI & Teams providing regular updates on the product roadmap, answer any questions being raised by users and provide tips/tricks for using the products
To be successful in this role, you must be comfortable in delivering training sessions to users on how to make the best use of Office365, be comfortable and available to work across global time zones and cater to the global user community and take our mature Office365 ways of working to the next level.
Preferred competencies and skills:
We are here to support you
- A background within Power BI platforms and Office365
- Have an appreciation for information security, designing solutions and services
- Be an IT infrastructure expert
- Take accountability of issues that may occur and be proactive in providing solutions
- Strong collaboration skills
- Have the ability to see the bigger picture and provide an impeccable level of service
We value our employee's experience with us and are proud to have been recognised for the following awards:
- 2021 LinkedIn Top Employer and HRD Employer of Choice
- Ranked 6th place in the AAGE Top Graduate Employers 2021 as voted by graduates
- 2020 Best Workplace Diversity & Inclusion and Excellence Award for Best Health & Wellbeing at the Australian HR Awards
- Top 20 Workplaces for Dads in 2019 and 2020 (HBF Direct Advice for Dads)
- Gold Employer status in both the 2019 and 2020 Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) - the definitive national benchmark on LGBTI workplace inclusion.
We offer a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstance. As a QBE employee, we will offer you:
- 'Hybrid Working' - a mix of working in the office and at home to enhance your work/life balance
- Our 'At My Best' wellbeing program, including a free 12-month subscription to Headspace
- Access to 'Share the Care' - 12 weeks' gender-equal flexible leave for all new parents, including paid superannuation
- The ability to maximise retirement savings through voluntary super contributions and company matching
- Income protection insurance and reimbursed Death and Total Permanent Disability insurance premiums
- Access to REACH My Best - free holistic wellbeing coaching, nutritional, financial and legal advice, and confidential counselling
- Access to Family and Domestic Violence leave and support through QBE's Family Domestic Violence First Responder Network
- A sustained commitment to Reconciliation, having launched our first Reconciliation Action Plan in 2015
- Discounts on insurance products, car hire, hotels, goods and services
- Benefits through our various sports and arts sponsorship partners such as free and discounted tickets.
to submit your application. Successful applicants will need to complete work rights, police and credit checks through our online provider as a condition of employment.
QBE recognise the value of diverse perspectives and experience. We are committed to an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected for who they are. If we can provide support with access requirements, alternative work arrangements or you would like to connect with one of our networks please contact us at email@example.com.
Number of Openings:
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click 'Apply' and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.
We are an international insurer and reinsurer offering a diverse portfolio of commercial, personal and specialty products, as well as risk management solutions. Our product portfolio includes property, motor, crop, energy, marine and aviation. We employee a team of more than 11,800 people, in 27 countries around the world.