My client based in central london are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer for Design and Project work on a 3 month contract outside of IR35.
You will have the option to work remotely, however will be required in the office on occasion of 2 days a week.
You will be involved in the design and implementation of next generation technology into the organisations "cloud first" enterprise
* Build, and support the companies IT infrastructure both in the cloud and on premises based on business needs.
* Build, and continuously improve software systems by improving design, implementing new features, and defining how technical teams should work.
* Design and implement scripts and tools for automation to drive IT Infrastructure and User Services efficiency.
* Create and maintain documentation of IT systems including architecture diagrams, processes, procedures, and runbooks.
* Create and continuously improve monitoring and alerting systems, dashboards, log management.
* Create and participate in using metrics to drive analytical and objective looks at how IT is operating.
* Participate in building, maintaining, and troubleshooting cloud and site networks including VPNs and site ISP/DIA connectivity.
* Provide Tier 3 support for user services team and be a technical escalation across all departments.
* Provide thought leadership for the company from a technical perspective.
* Provide knowledge transfers and conduct training for technical and non-technical teams.
* Make security a cornerstone of how systems are built, processes are designed, and the everyday IT operation.
* Execute on projects with a strong attention to detail and high-quality delivery.
* Recommend and leverage integrations between services or applications.
You must have
* Minimum 9 years of experience in an IT Infrastructure or IT Engineering role.
* Minimum of 6 years working with cloud technologies, including Azure and AWS; certifications a plus.
* Proficiency with using and securing popular cloud services.
* Experience setting up enterprise applications and software in cloud and virtual environments.
* Expert level knowledge in Office 365 and exchange.
* Experience setting up and configuring cloud networking in both Azure and AWS.
* Experience with Azure AD, on-prem and Azure AD connect. Single Sign on experience
* Experience setting up basic networking (DHCP, DNS, VLANs, routing). Experience with Palo Alto Networks a plus.
* Experience with MDM best practices and software. Experience with Intune or JAMF, Intune, or Airwatch/VMware Workspace UEM a plus.
* Experiencing managing IT infrastructure hardware (switches, routers, firewalls, PDUs, UPSs, rack/blade servers, and storage arrays)
* Expert level knowledge of single-sign on (SSO) architectures on and multi-factor technologies; Recent experience with Okta is preferred.
* Must be able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical staff.
* Must be available to provide afterhours support and be on-call when needed.
Spring Technology acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Spring Group UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Spring. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.