Senior Legacy Engagement Manager
Our purpose is simple, to save lives at sea. Since the 19th century, our crews have been risking their lives to save those who are in danger of drowning.
We are looking for a Senior Legacy Engagement Manager to join our Legacy Engagement Team. Legacy fundraising at RNLI has undergone a transformation in recent years. The three teams of Legacy Marketing, Engagement and Administration have been brought together to develop and deliver ambitious growth plans over the next 5 years and beyond. Legacies account for over two thirds of the RNLI's annual income today and will continue to be a vital fundraising stream for many years to come. The team has grown in the last 2 years requiring us to create a second Senior post in the Engagement team. In this role, with your peer, you'll be responsible for leading and inspiring our engagement team. They are tasked with stewarding our legacy pledgers and embedding our legacy messaging within our community networks. You'll collaborate with colleagues in Legacy Marketing and Regional Engagement teams to ensure pledgers receive a seamless experience to secure and retain their future support.
Some of the benefits
- Salary £35,993 - £42,345 (dependent on experience)
- Home-based with expectation to travel within UK and Ireland
- 26 days' annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Outstanding pension scheme (contributions of up to 16% of basic salary)
- Life assurance
- Health and dental cash plan
As a Senior Legacy Engagement Manager, you will focus on:
- Inspiring and managing the team, working in partnership with the existing Senior Legacy Engagement Manager, to deliver a world-class pledger stewardship programme
- Planning, overseeing, and evaluating annual programmes designed to enhance the supporter's experience, grow the pledger portfolio and identify opportunities to deliver improvements
- Working with the wider Legacy team supporting integrated plans to embed our Legacy messaging throughout our community networks
- Developing excellent and effective relationships with other internal stakeholders around UK & Ireland to enhance legacy programme and broaden internal advocacy
- Collaborating with peers to shape the longer-term legacy strategy
As an experienced fundraising/engagement manager you'll be comfortable building relationships with donors working collaboratively with your peers and inspiring your team. To be considered for this role you'll need to have:
- Demonstrable experience in successful relationship management or stewardship of high-level pledgers and an up-to-date understanding of legacy fundraising
- Experience in building, managing and motivating geographically diverse team
- Proven ability to create and implement long-term strategy and understanding of how it manifests at a tactical level
- Ability to work with and influence diverse group of stakeholders to support legacy team strategy
So, if you have a passion for legacy fundraising and are looking to be part of a successful and growing team with ambitions grow further this could be the role for you. Please apply via the button shown.
Due to current circumstances, you may be working from home when your role commences. You will be given the correct equipment you need to perform in your role. You will also receive support from your manager and colleagues to ensure a smooth and consistent induction process is delivered. You may also be required to work from your dedicated RNLI asset once the government guidelines change. If you have any queries relating to home or office-based working, please do not hesitate to ask questions at the interview/assessment stage.
The RNLI is committed to safeguarding, ensuring the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. We expect all employees and volunteers to share this commitment and have a zero-tolerance approach to proven incidents of bullying, abuse, harassment or exploitation. The suitability of all prospective employees and volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process in line with this commitment. This will include relevant criminal record checks being carried out dependent on the eligibility of the role. (England & Wales; DBS check, Scotland; Disclosure Scotland PVG, Northern Ireland; Access NI, Republic of Ireland; Garda Vetting; International, International Child Protection Certificate process).
Our staff and volunteers have been saving lives at sea without prejudice for nearly 200 years. We respect and value diversity of background, skills and perspectives within our teams, and consider it essential to help us deliver a world-class lifesaving service. We are an inclusive organisation and welcome applications from everyone. In addition to having the skills needed for the role, we also look for applicants who share our commitment to living our RNLI values (trustworthy, courageous, selfless, and dependable), and helping us work towards Our Vision: To save everyone.
The closing date for this role is the 31st of October 2021.
So, if you're seeking your next challenge as a Senior Legacy Engagement Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may refer to this role as Business Manager, Legacy Manager, Fundraising Manager, Fundraising Engagement Manager, or Legacy Fundraising Lead