Job Title: Nursery Manager
Location: Colindale, North London
Salary: £30k - £32k
Contract Type: Perm / Full time
An independent privately-owned Montessori nursery located in a quiet residential street (within close proximity to Colindale station) is seeking a Nursery Manager to join its expanding team of 5 staff.
The setting is registered for approximately 30 children and conveniently located within close proximity to transport links. It is maintained to a very high standard with a supportive team who are committed and driven to uphold and improve on their previous "Good" OFSTED rating.
The Manager has responsibility for all aspects of running the setting, including managing the team, leading high-quality childcare standards, managing budgets, recruitment, team development, Health and Safety management and OFSTED compliance.
As a Nursery Manager your duties will include but not limited to:
* Effectively lead, develop and manage a large team to ensure children are cared for in a happy, safe and stimulating environment.
* Motivate and lead your team to achieve outstanding practice.
* Plan, review and implement industry and legislative developments to ensure compliance and a forward-thinking approach is adopted.
* Work in partnership with the parents and carers.
* Act as the setting's designated Child Protection Officer.
* Manage a fully operational budget.
* Ensure that the setting is compliant with health and safety and OFSTED requirements.
* Embrace, adopt and implement company initiatives and ideas to support the organization's aims and values.
The ideal Nursery Manager will hold the following qualifications and experiences:
* Minimum NVQ level 3 qualification in childcare or equivalent.
* Previous experience in managing a nursery setting.
* Previous experience of leading high-quality childcare standards and compliance with Health and Safety and OFSTED requirements.
* A proven track record for meeting and exceeding targets and KPI's.
* Applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS (formally CRB)
* 6 weeks annual leave, inclusive of public holidays
* 1 additional day of annual leave after each full year of employment
* A day off on your birthday - everyone should spend their birthday eating cake, not at work
* Competitive salaries
* Career progression opportunities
* Professional development and in-house training with leading names in the Early Childhood industry