I am urgently seeking an experienced accounts assistant for a key client of mine in Leatherhead. This role is available immediately as it is to replace someone who is leaving on 12th of November and a handover is required. This role is available on either a temp to perm basis or straight perm if you are on a notice period.
You will work in a small team of three in finance and report to the financial director and work alongside a management accountant. This role is based in the office three days per week and two from home (although initial training will be office based five days for ease).
Ideally you will be studying for an accountancy qualification and study support is available once the role becomes permanent. If you have used Oracle and had experience working within the construction industry you would be at an advantage.
Your duties as the accounts assistant will include:
1) Review of coding & approval for all supplier invoices (subcontractors, suppliers, and inter-company) prior to authorisation by the Finance Manager
2) Weekly payment runs
3) Supplier statement reconciliations (no standard Oracle report exists)
4) Supplier queries
5) GRN input
• Maintain the detailed cashbook
• Weekly cash forecasting
• Banking cheques and petty cash control
7) Input of weekly timesheets for Site based staff
8) Approved Credit Check forms prepared and e-mailed to the R&A FD, outstanding approvals monitored
9) Project set-up on Oracle
10) Month end journals (Oracle GL and Oracle Projects)
11) Maintain the Holiday Database for all staff
12) Cover switchboard and reception due to having a small team.
If you are available at short notice and ultimately looking for a permanent role, please apply for immediate consideration. Paying £26,000- £28,000 when permanent.