Description Position at SEGA European Head Office
MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANTFINANCE TEAMBASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD, WEST LONDONREPORTING TO UK FINANCIAL CONTROLLER A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our seven development studios spanning the UK, Bulgaria, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, HARDlight, Amplitude Studios, Two Point Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based in London, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a hardworking bunch of people spanning Tech, Sales, Marketing, Finance, QA and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality. WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours, even more so with everyone working remotely during COVID-19...
- For our gaming buffs, you can get involved in our online gaming nights and free SEGA games on Steam
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership and ride to work scheme. You can find your zen with our weekly virtual yoga classes as well as online physical therapy with our masseuse.
- We hold regular company updates to keep everyone in the loop and we stay connected with social events like virtual pub quizzes and art workshops
- We support your learning & development with access to online courses through Udemy, and webinars and resources on mental health and financial wellbeing
- When you're in the virtual office, we'll make sure you have everything you need when it comes to tech/furniture, and we pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of your home office
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme. We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be.
We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website
to find out why we are a workplace you'll never want to leave!POSITION OVERVIEW
As Management Accountant, you will be responsible for the reporting, forecasting and analysis of the SG&A (Selling, General & Admin) expenses for the Publishing arm of the UK business (SOE) and the 'by-title'/project allocation reporting to our Head Office in Japan. The role will also entail building relationships with wider stakeholders for sharing and communicating key insights.
This role would suit a Management Accountant with strong prior experience in cost and project accounting as well as payroll and headcount reporting, and would favour someone with strong organizational and communication skills. Someone who is comfortable with independently reaching agreed targets/objectives and who has an inquisitive mind and a desire to question processes with the view to streamline them.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties will include:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Ownership of the reporting on multiple costs centres within the publishing business SG&A, including posting accruals and prepayments within the ERP system (Oracle), variance analysis against plan/forecast, and fixed asset additions/retirements together with monthly reconciliations of the FA register
- Responsibility for the accurate monthly SG&A forecasting, with particular focus on areas such as IT spend and headcount
- Presenting the monthly SG&A costs Getsuji review to Senior Management and explaining variances and forecasting assumptions
- Be the key person in the UK Finance Team for the monthly 'by-title/project reporting to Head Office in Japan. This will involve working closely with the relevant Studio teams, providing support and guidance as to the accounting treatment of their monthly costs, posting journals and accruals/prepayments where applicable, and reviewing, raising recharge invoices, and reconciling the reports before submission to Head Office under strict deadlines
- Close involvement in setting the mid-term plan and budget for the Publishing SG&A together with the SOE Business Planning team
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations such as for accruals, prepayments, and fixed assets
- Preparation, posting, and subsequent reconciliation of the monthly UK payroll and pension costs using our 3rd party provider reports, and working closely with the payroll team in HR in identifying any issues or improvements/enhancements
- Accruing and calculating bonus payments for the financial year, understanding the different bonus schemes, and ensuring that the cost centres have accurately provided for the bonus payments at the end of each financial year
- Working closely with the UK Finance Director to ensure 'Milestone Deliverables' are invoiced on a timely basis between the 'Video Games Development Companies' ("VGDCs") and Studios
- Raise various monthly/quarterly intercompany invoices and monthly ad-hoc recharges within the group
- Posting specific bank entries, including monthly intercompany netting payments, payroll & associated tax payments
- Qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience in a cost accounting role
- Significant experience using Microsoft Excel and ability to process large volumes of data
- Prior experience of Oracle or similar ERP system