About Our Client:
One of the countries leading Developers who deliver thousands of units per year are adding to the team. This company has everything you would expect from a PLC in place. They have strong personal development opportunities, structure and the opportunity to fulfil your potential. This is a company that have a significant focus on the customer and have invested a vast amount in recent years to make sure build quality is of the highest standards.
An Adoptions Manager/Engineer is required to compliment a strong Technical team in a residential Developer. The role will be office based with site visits from the Suffolk office. Sites are typically within 1 hour. You will be supporting the team with the timely adoptions of roads, sewers and public open space areas.
Some core duties include;
* To liaise with and advise departments on Adoption and finishing works issues, interface matters and to co-ordinate information flow;
* To co-ordinate with the internal Technical department, Consultants, Statutory Authorities, Contractors, Bond providers and Solicitors to ensure the timely receipt of Maintenance and Adoption Certificates including the management of associated Bond reductions and cancellations to an agreed program;
* The ability to negotiate with and manage the requirements and expectations of Local and Statutory Authority Engineers, Inspectors and Representatives for all sites;
* The ability to recognise potential problems and solve them in a speedy, efficient and cost effective manner whilst ensuring the Company procedures are followed and adhered to;
* Provide detailed inspection briefs and relevant site information / records to allow for the timely provision of budgets / quotations from subcontractors / suppliers for associated elements of works with support from the Commercial department in assessing costs and raising orders;
* To keep a detailed record of payments and ensure the Adoption forecast is updated monthly in line with expenditure and site changes / requirements. Advise on overall costs to complete the development in respect of finishing works, Maintenance works through to Adoption. Work with the Finance team to produce and maintain accurate budgets / forecasts;
* Collate information for inclusion in the Health and Safety Plan as required;
* Co-ordinate pre-start meetings with remedial works contractors and agree site start dates in conjunction with the Construction team in accordance with agreed programme;
* Assist the Construction team with timely and pro-active approaches to finishing works, gain the Maintenance certification and apply for Adoption certificates, Bond reductions & cancellations to meet the program dates;
* Prepare and keep updated programmes with maintenance and adoption target dates for the benefit of the finance and technical department;
* Provide the administrative support / back up and assistance to the Adoptions Engineer, chase requests for certification and bond reductions;
* Attend site meetings, inspections and internal meetings / reviews as required;
* Manage the workload of field based Adoptions Engineer and Site Engineer;
* Answer customer care enquiries in a positive, pro-active, polite and timely manner;
You could come from a local authority background or be in a similar role with a competitor. You could be from a highways or water/drainage background.
The ideal candidate must have:
* The ability and experience to undertake an Adoptions Manager/Engineer role
* Knowledge of all duties listed above
It is desirable to have:
* Worked for a Developer as an Adoptions Manager
* Contacts within some or all Local Authorities within Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex and Cambs
What You Should Know:
Please advise if you feel the salary does not match your expectations but you feel you would be suited to this role. The company is open to understanding what the market is demanding.
This post is advertised by 32Recruit on behalf of a client. 32Recruit endeavour to speak with applicants but due to the volume received this is not always possible.
If you feel your experience suits the above requirements please apply. If your experience does not suit the above role but you work with in construction, please feel free to send your CV to be considered for other or future roles