Engineering Manager - UK Growth
Would you like to be part of the campaign and bid capability for BAE Systems Air? We currently have a vacancy for an Engineering Manager - UK Growth at our site in Christchurch.
As an Engineering Manager - UK Growth, you will work with the Programme Engineering Manager to deliver effective oversight of campaigns, bids and capability development to enable the delivery of high-quality solutions to our customers. Leading on UK campaigns and delivery of programmes depending on the projects and customers needed at the time.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to be involved in significant bid activity for BAE Systems in a position of great visibility within the business. You will also have opportunities of development and growth and gain knowledge of the wider BAE business.Your main responsibilities as an Engineering Manager - UK Growth will involve:
Your skills and qualifications:
- Input into Bid planning activities
- Managing bid resource to support delivery of engineering commitments
- Ensuring engineering governance is planned and managed effectively
- Oversight of capability and solution development
- Compliance of solution against requirements and legislation
- Proposal writing and reviewing
- Collating and presenting engineering estimates
- Identify risks and propose mitigations
- Undertake design to cost activities
- Oversight of technical relationships with key stakeholders
- Support the Programme Engineering Manager in regular reviews and upward reporting activities
- Work with the PEM to support the wider business vision and strategy and achieve business level objectives.
- Managing effective teams that embrace change and seek continual improvement
What we're looking for in you:
- Evidence of participation in high value competitive bids
- Experience and understanding of the full engineering lifecycle
- Task planning and management skills
- A previous role producing Proposals and Competitor assessments and developing and reviewing supplier Statements of Work
- Identifying and managing technical risks
- Developing and reviewing supplier statements of work
- Supplier and customer engagement experience
- Effective leadership qualities with a proven track record of responsible management and leadership
- Experience in analysing customer requirements and understanding the balance of compliance to requirements against costs.
- Extensive supplier and customer engagement
- Ideally some industry/military experience
- Qualified with STEM degree or IT equivalent qualification
You will have experience managing bid resource to support delivery of engineering commitments throughout a variety of project teams to support products for customers from defence and digital.
You will be adaptable at responding to change with positive action; while demonstrating good problem-solving skills. You will be a good communicator; being clear and concise with proven listening skills. You must have a collaborative approach as a team leader, being able to drive high performance through cooperation and teamwork as well as constructively challenging team members to continually improve.Location:
Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. BAE Systems
BAE Systems is one of the world's leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.BAE Systems Air
If you'd like to make a real difference where it counts, BAE Systems is the place for you.
From keeping soldiers, sailors and pilots safe to helping countries prosper, from developing the next generation of supersonic aircraft to investing in the next generation of super-smart talent - at BAE Systems, we work together to give our customers an essential edge in protecting the things that really matter. Lives, livelihoods, ways of life.
As part of our Air team, you could be working at the edge of what is technologically possible, shaping the future to ensure our customers are ready to face challenges we cannot even imagine today. You could be developing and evolving the technologies that will defend the UK for generations to come and supporting our customers around the globe.
Join us and you'll be encouraged and rewarded to excel in this important work. Apply your talent where it counts.At BAE we want to be the leading employer in defence and security for valuing diversity and inclusion. We care about difference in all forms and want to create an inclusive environment where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently under-represented within our industry, including women, people from ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to be a preferred home for veterans and reservists. For more information on our Diversity & Inclusion work, please click here.Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we sometimes close our vacancies early. It is therefore advisable to apply as early as possible if you would like to be considered for a role with BAE Systems.