Role: Engineering Project Manager
Duration: The full project is 2.5 - 3 years
Location: Liverpool (3 x days a week minimum in the office, 5 x days preferred at the start)
Rate: £42.97 per hour PAYE
CPL Life Sciences are working with a very large Vaccine Manufacturer in Liverpool, and they have a new £12m project starting in which the need an Engineering Project Manager to join the team. The project has been described as relatively straight forward compared to other, more complex, projects that they have worked previously.
The project entails the acquisition of new, custom built, manufacturing equipment to replace the older equipment and the entire process of this will take 2.5 - 3 years. Ideally we are looking for a Project Manager who can step into the role from start to finish. You will be joining another Engineering Project Manager for the project and also have a team underneath to support as well.
Experience within a Pharmaceutical Engineering environment is greatly desired as extensive knowledge of GMP's is paramount, although they will potentially consider somebody from a Food Engineering background, with the GMP knowledge.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the creation of major capital project proposals and estimates that meet the requirements of user departments while ensuring that project specifications meet the safety, quality, regulatory, and technical standards expected.
Responsible for project management of approved capital projects to ensure that site works are conducted safely, and that projects are completed within quality, cost and schedule targets.
DAY TO DAY
· Responsible for creating accurate and timely cost estimates to ensure that project proposals can be forwarded for approval. Estimating will include high value contract tendering processes which must be conducted with the utmost professionalism and integrity.
· Responsible for leading high profile, multi-disciplinary, GMP projects of strategic importance to the site, and co-ordinating project resources from both internal and external organisations.
· Budget and schedule responsibility for major capital projects, with purchasing authority as assigned by higher management within authorised project budget. Monitor and report on the status of major projects in multiple formats including dashboard reports and presentations.
· To ensure that appropriate standards of GMP, housekeeping, safety and discipline are maintained at all times within departmental, operational and construction areas.
· Contribute to User Requirement Specifications and develop detailed technical specifications for design review and tendering purposes.
· Coordinate and participate in the validation and handover processes for capital projects in liaison with quality assurance, production management and maintenance function, and ensure that all necessary training, drawings and documentation are provided for validation, operation and maintenance purposes.
· To mentor and develop other engineers within the team to uphold good project engineering practices and improve departmental standards.
· Accountable for Tier 2 & Tier 3 capital project budgets and leading Front End Design Studies. Organisation and management of large cross-functional teams to achieve complex business goals.
· Significant impact on concept and delivery of projects critical to the future success of the site. Requires strong, effective fundamentals of stakeholder management, leadership and the ability to set and deliver against challenging deadlines.
· No direct reports - responsible for managing and supervising all consultants/suppliers and contract staff carrying out project work.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and team working skills are required coupled with the ability to think independently and influence across the organisation.
· Complex problems to solve, some of which can be dealt with by use of experience, precedent and procedure and others which will require new and innovative solutions.
· An innovative, creative approach to problem solving is required, particularly in developing proposals that strike the best compromise between what is technically possible and what is deliverable within the constraints of live facility operation and business constraints.
· A sound knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation, experience of construction management (particularly CDM Regulations) and a practical approach to safety issues is of fundamental importance.
· Commercial awareness is important to the role - the applicant must be conversant with tendering processes, and both contract conditions and contract administration.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
The candidate must be an experienced engineer and hold a recognised degree or equivalent qualification in Chemical, Mechanical or Building Services Engineering.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Significant experience within a pharmaceutical or biotech company and a good knowledge of current GMP is required for this role.
If you are interested in this position then please either apply through this advert or send your CV to Daniel.Mooney@cpl.com