IT Service Desk ManagerLocation:
London, City ofSalary:
£45,000 - Negotiable**INTERVIEWING NOW - DO NOT MISS OUT**
A leading, forward-thinking managed service provider has an exciting opportunity for a talented Technical Service Desk Manager / Service Desk Team Lead to manage their remote team of Service Desk Engineers.
As their Technical Service Desk Manager, you will be responsible for managing the Service Desk team and providing overflow 2nd to 3rd level IT support.
This role requires both, strong managerial and hands-on technical experience. Your expected technical knowledge and hands-on experience should be sufficient to be able to understand resource requirements and provide guidance to other engineers or directly resolve support requests.About the role:
- Overviewing and managing workflow of Service Desk to achieve maximum time utilisation, faster ticket turnaround and greater customer satisfaction
- Responding to and dealing with overflow support requests, providing guidance and technical help to other team members that you manage
- Setting up processes, templates and workflows to improve the work of the Service Desk
- Implementing SLA and monthly KPI reporting
- Responsible for managing a team
- Visiting various clients' sites, in London and surrounding areas on an occasional basis
- 5+ years' technical experience
- Previous experience of managing a service desk with 200+ companies, or working with a Managed Service Provider as a Service Desk Manager, managing 3+ people
- Experience in managing an ITIL based Service Desk
- Advanced knowledge of ConnectWise Manage and Automate (or similar systems) is essential
- Experience in implementing processes and workflows in the work of Service Desk
- Software and Hardware Troubleshooting skills
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Apple OS experience
- Excellent troubleshooting skills of standard Microsoft Office suites
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft server operating systems - Windows Server 2008 to Windows Server 2019
- Working knowledge and administration of AD, Group policy, Exchange, scripting and remote tools
- Working knowledge of cloud platforms: Microsoft, Google, Amazon
- Working knowledge of Ethernet, TCP/IP routing and firewall technologies
- Working knowledge of firewalls, Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam, web filtering
- Understanding and management of VLAN technologies
- Management of network switches including port configuration, trunking, routing, and failover
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Solid experience in problem analysis and resolution of software problems
- Proven ability to function in a self-directed environment
- Ability to handle clients professionally at all levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Some experience in project management is beneficial
Sounds interesting? Click the APPLY button now.
- 20-day holiday, increasing each year with +8 bank holidays
- Private medical insurance
- Paid travel
- Discretional bonuses
- Overtime pay
Candidates with previous experience in and job titles including: Technical Service Desk Manager, Service Desk Team Lead, Helpdesk Manager, may be considered.
In Technology Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.