Reporting to the Head of Compliance Monitoring, the role holder will be responsible for the delivery of compliance monitoring reviews and the annual Compliance Monitoring and Testing Plan.
• Lead and execute compliance monitoring reviews from beginning to end.
• Run and coordinate meetings with the business at all stages of a compliance monitoring review.
• Be responsible for the Planning, Testing, Reporting of Compliance Monitoring Reviews and Remediating Actions in accordance with the annual Compliance Monitoring and Testing Plan.
• Ensure that staff complete all aspects of monitoring and testing programmes, oversee the preparation and review of Compliance Monitoring and Testing assurance reports.
• Ensure that all aspects of the Compliance Monitoring and Testing programmes are completed to a high standard and on time.
• Ability to assimilate complex details quickly and present clearly to the business or in a report.
• Strong report writing skills, as well as attention to detail and accuracy.
• Draft planning materials, issues, reports and prepare test related materials as well as recommend ratings based on risk and findings.
• Assist with delivery of the Annual Compliance Monitoring Plan and Integrated Assurance Plan.
• Training and development - delivery of on-the-job training and coaching, both technical and 'soft' skill for Compliance Monitoring Officer(s).
• Managing one Compliance Officer.
• Deputise for the Compliance Monitoring Manager as and when required, and perform other role related ad hoc activities that may be assigned from time to time.
• Strong and proven Compliance Monitoring/thematic review experience in Insurance or FS firm.
• My client will consider candidates from a compliance monitoring and testing background from banking.
• Experience of managing or supervising teams.
• Excellent communication and influencing skills.
• Analytical problem solving and project management skills.
• Experience of coaching and sharing knowledge with others
• Knowledge of regulatory requirements applicable to insurance industry
• Broad knowledge of risk management practices
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• University degree/ recognised industry accreditation or relevant work experience
• Audit or Legal background/experience is desired
• Good understanding of FCA regulatory environment and compliance requirements.
Please apply further information.