A large public sector organisation are currently looking for 2 Change and Communications Managers to join on initial 6 month contracts with a daily rate up to £454 per day via an Umbrella company this role is outside IR35.
To deliver a challenging and complex Transformation agenda, modernising the way it is organised and operates to become more effective and deliver significant savings targets (up to £500m over the course Business Plan). This Change and Comms Management role is responsible for ensuring that changes are delivered in a positive, engaging way that takes into account the needs of the business, its people and its stakeholders. The purpose of the role is to help deliver business change activities within the Procurement & Supply Chain (P&SC) function, provide support for the projects within their programme, ensuring that:
• Business areas affected by Change are prepared for the transition to new ways of working
• Change is delivered in a way that maintains people motivation and engagement
• Business as Usual is maintained during the transition
• Changes are effectively integrated into the business
• Coordinates impact assessments to understand how change initiatives affect different stakeholders groups
• Engages with project and programme users to ensure user input into project scope and delivery approach is considered and managed.
• Develops strong relationships with the area undergoing change and works to develop and deliver implementation plans and business change interventions to support staff through change (e.g. design and delivery of effective communication strategy, including the production of materials including PowerPoint, drafting of scripts for presentations and general comms materials).
• Develops and monitors progress against business change plans, ensuring that activities on the plans are completed on time and to a high standard. • Works with the business to develop and implement appropriate metrics to track effective implementation including monitoring engagement levels and reputation of projects/programmes amongst critical internal and external stakeholders.
• Identifies, and where possible resolves, business change risks or issues. Escalate unresolved issues, risks and dependencies at the earliest possible opportunity.
• Experience of working in a large and complex organisation ideally public sector and/or a unionised environment.
• Working knowledge of how change is managed in public sector is desirable but not essential.
• Experience of influencing, negotiating with, and providing challenge to senior stakeholders - both written and verbally.
• Proven record of supporting projects and programs to successfully deliver by successfully translating change management theory into practice and working collaboratively with the project/programme and wider business to deliver change.
• Experience of contributing to a collaborative culture team culture and an environment of continuous learning, critically in a remote working situation where you can't meet people face to face