Michelle Denny Recruitment is pleased to be assisting a long standing charity to find a Regional Manager for their fundraising efforts in the East of England. This role is a maternity contract, fixed for a minimum of 12 months and carries an accompanying salary of £29,500pa for a 35-hour week.
Working from home, you will be the regional ambassador, promoting awareness of the charity and increasing income and providing support to committees and volunteers across the Eastern counties. You'll be frequently travelling around the areas of Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire for which you will receive an essential car user allowance.
The charity provides support to a specific community, and we are looking for a manager who relishes supporting and developing their team; someone who is a real 'people-person' who loves working alongside diverse groups of the population including, corporate organisations, communities and brand-new volunteers.
There is a full and descriptive job brief available on request, but to give you a snapshot of the role, responsibilities will include:
- To network and publicise the work of the charity via meetings, presentations and attendance at regional events.
- To increase awareness of the charity within communities enabling them to reach more people in need of support
- To proactively identify and pursue fundraising opportunities to generate new income sources and establishing local partnerships
- Recruiting, managing and leading new regional volunteers
- Encouraging, motivating and supporting existing voluntary committees and its members, identifying appropriate training
- Gather local intelligence regarding opportunities for volunteers and potential fundraising and networking
- To attend regional shows, setting up and manning the event stand
- To represent the charity at relevant networking events to ensure that the charity's voice is heard
- Providing news items for inclusion in quarterly newsletter,s social media & the charity's website and dealing with press enquiries
What you'll need:
- Experience within a managerial fundraising or marketing environment
- Clear, succinct written communication style for drafting press releases and newsletters with exemplary grammar and spelling
- Engaging face-to-face/telephone communication skills, including a clear, friendly and confident presenting and negotiation style
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Able to work comfortably in a sometimes-pressurised environment, responding rapidly to changing needs
- Understanding of the importance of customer and volunteer care and safety
- Flexibility to sometimes work unsociable hours to attend weekend shows, evening meetings and events (time off given in lieu as there is no overtime structure), including nights away.
- Access to your own transport and a full, valid UK driving licence
Opportunities such as this arise rarely, so if you are interested in finding out the full scope of this interesting position, please contact Michelle Denny at your earliest.