Interim Finance Officer job in Darlington, School finance specialist
Your new company
This Darlington based School have a need for an experienced School Finance Officer to join them on an ongoing temporary basis working Monday to Friday 8 am to 4pm.
Your new role
To provide effective administration and support services to the school including the management of information systems. To support the school Business Manager, Senior Staff and the Board of Trustees including contributing to the financial planning and development of the school support services.
Duties will include:
* To design and manage appropriate administrative systems and to support the work of the Business Manager as required.
* To analyse and evaluate financial data / information as directed by Business Manager
* To complete and assist submission information obtained from School Management information systems as required by Local Authority and DfE.
* To assist the Business Manager to plan, develop and design administration monitoring systems, policies and procedures to ensure the efficiency and accuracy of information and data.
* To assist the Business Manager to manage, monitor and plan expenditure from agreed budgets.
* To create orders, pay invoices and ensure that accurate records are kept in line with audit requirements as directed by the Business Manager.
* To undertake, with complete discretion and in confidence, tasks as directed which may be of a sensitive and confidential nature as required by Senior Staff.
* In the absence of the Business Manager, liaise with the Senior Vice Principal with respect of urgent business.
* To provide advice and guidance to the Business Manager to assist reporting to the Board of Trustees in relation to finance policies and procedures.
* To undertake research, gain quotes and obtain information on behalf of the Principal and Senior Vice Principal to assist with the purchase decision-making process.
* To assist with the management of Service Contracts as directed by the Business Manager.
* To safeguard and promote the welfare of children for whom you have responsibility or come into contact with, to include adhering to all specified procedures.
* To carry out your duties with full regard to the Equality Policy and Race Equality Scheme.
* To comply with Health and Safety policies, organisations statements and procedures, report any incidents/accidents/hazards and take pro-active approach to health and safety matters in order to protect both yourself and others.
* To be a member of the duty team during non-curriculum/contact time i.e. lesson change over, break and lunch time.
* Any other duties of a similar nature related to the post which may be required from time to time.
What you'll need to succeed
Finance experience at this level is essential to the role as the school needs a candidate who can hit the ground running.
What you'll get in return
An immediate start is available for this ongoing temping contract.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.