Our client, a highly respected provider of solutions to the Lloyd's and London insurance markets, is looking for an Account Manager. The Account Manager is critical to the successful relationship between the company and their clients. This role will focus on the development and retention of their Client business and, therefore, an ability to develop strong business relationships is crucial to the success of this role. Reporting to the Head of London Business Development, the Account Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of sales strategies and best practices to achieve the company's objectives and targets.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for all areas of account management, including the development of good account knowledge, understanding clients' businesses and resolving issues in a timely manner; understanding competitor solutions and the client's current and developing needs.
- Generate new streams of revenue through sales of the company's solutions which address customers' business needs.
- Build strong relationships with clients and market contacts in order to retain business and identify expansion opportunities.
- Develop and execute a plan to manage all account renewals, initiating communication with the client at the right time and fulfilling contractual obligations for providing account information to the client.
- Prepare accurate revenue forecasts for timely presentation to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Project Manage and co-ordinate the efforts of internal resources necessary to achieve sales goals.
- Clearly express the value proposition and benefits of the company's solutions and use this knowledge to help increase the value and adoption of their solutions by the client.
- Stay informed of industry trends, competition and changing technology by utilising resources available and attending appropriate networking events.
Applications are invited from candidates that can clearly demonstrate the following Key Attributes:
- Proven experience and in-depth understanding of managing accounts, many of which require complex integrated solution strategies.
- Strong results orientation, with the commitment and drive to achieve a new business goal in a demanding and competitive business environment.
- Exceptional negotiation and closing skills to manage opportunities and renewals to a successful conclusion.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and clients, to ensure time is maximized for revenue-retaining activities and the most important customers receive an excellent level of account management.
- Confidence and calm when interacting with senior audiences
- High level of initiative and self-motivation.
- Ability to take ownership of problems and coordinate appropriate internal resources to help solve customer issues effectively and efficiently.