Job Title: Deputy Manager
Location: Paddocks House Supported Living Service
Salary Range: H9 £32,234 - £34,728pa
Hours: 37 hours per week
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
Paddocks House supports adults with learning disabilities to live as independently as possible in their own self-contained flats. We are currently seeking a highly motivated and committed individual to join our management team. In this role you will be working in a supportive team, in which your motivation and strategic planning ability will help the service to develop and maintain a high level of service provision.
About the job
• Developing and empowering staff that support adults with learning disabilities of which some have recently moved into their homes for the first time, some with physical disabilities, some with a mental health need. Enabling them in building on their skills, assisting them to gain and maintain their independence.
• You will monitor staff performance, provide support, recognise talent and implement appropriate individual career and development plans.
• Responsible for the planning and supervising the day-to-day duties within our service, supporting the manager in their responsibilities, and stepping up to cover in their absence.
• The role will consist of some shift work including alternate weekends..
• Problem solving initiative and strong interpersonal skills are essential, as presenting clear direction and feedback to staff is a vital feature of this role.
• Able to work within a dynamic creative service, with an RQF (Formerly QCF) Level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent.
• The ability to reflect on your own experiences and practice to develop effective and trusting working relationships across your team.
• Evidence of strong communication, negotiation skills and good computer literacy, with the ability to use your initiative and creative thinking.
• Someone who is interested in developing their skills and the skills of a dedicated staff team.
What we can offer you:
• A varied and stimulating range of work and the opportunity to join a highly regarded team committed to continuously improving and delivering a service to those that we support.
• We are committed to developing and offering ongoing support, including the opportunity to enroll onto further Health & Social Care RQF studies.
• Herts Rewards - giving you great shopping discounts and local offers (e.g. Asda, Sainsburys, New Look, M&S).
• Incredibly generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
As part of the application you will be required provide a full supporting statement detailing your suitability based on the requirements of the role detailed on the job outline, as we are unable to accept applications without this.
Closing Date: Sunday 31st October
Interview Date: W/C Monday 8th November
Benefits of Working for HCC:
- Flexible Working Arrangements (depending on the role)
- Excellent Career Development
- Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
- Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- Shopping Discounts
- Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes
How to Apply: Please follow the 'Apply for Job' button at the bottom of the screen. As part of the application you will be required to upload your most recent CV ensuring gaps in employment have been addressed and includes your current, or most recent, employer. You are also asked to provide a supporting statement which is your opportunity to evidence how your skills, knowledge and experience match what we are looking for based on the Person Specification area of the attached Job Outline. If you do not supply a supporting statement, your application will be rejected.
Important Note re Interviews: Where we are able to, and in accordance with current COVID-19 Government guidelines in regard to social distancing, all interviews will be held virtually via Microsoft Teams. Full details on how this will work will be sent to you, should you be shortlisted for an interview.
Safeguarding: Safeguarding children and adults is of utmost importance to Hertfordshire County Council. The Council requires employees to abide by legislation and best practice to enable Hertfordshire to achieve this. This role has been identified as requiring a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check.
Non Hard to Fill Roles
Overseas Applications: We will accept applications from all applicants who already have an established right to work in the UK. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide sponsorships for this post Additional Information
English Fluency: The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Disability Confident: We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and guarantee an interview to anyone disclosing a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
Why Hertfordshire: Watch our 'Why Hertfordshire' video. Our staff use their own words to tell their story and share their experiences of what it is like working here. Take your next step in your career.
Hertfordshire County Council is currently undertaking a review of its pay structure and terms and conditions. The council is undertaking this review as part of its commitment to continuing to be an employer of choice, by ensuring that its pay and terms and conditions are relevant to future working practices. You can read more about this on our website