We are recruiting on behalf of our client Hackney Learning Trust for Passenger Minibus Driver, split shift paying £15.78 per hour.Job Purpose:
- To contribute to the ongoing development and improvement of the service.
- To comply at all times with all driving and transport regulations and standards set for the
- To adhere to safe working practices and operating requirements, including operation of
- equipment, handling techniques and passage of clients some of whom have physical and or
- learning disabilities.
- To carry out appropriate vehicle checks; reporting faults to the manager, and be responsible
- for the cleanliness and hygiene of the vehicle.
- To carry out guide/escort duties as necessary when escort not available.
- To use aids as appropriate to personally assist clients with physical and/or learning
- disabilities and to load and unload goods and equipment.
- To follow scheduled pickup and delivery points and notify office control of problems relating
- to delays or issues that occur on the journey if they arise.
- To complete appropriate records.
- To check the vehicle and its equipment daily for roadworthiness and operational fitness. To
- be responsible for the health and safety of all passengers and crew.
- To model the behaviours and the attitudes expected, as set out in the Code of Conduct,
- Core Values and Organisational beliefs.
- To assist in the loading and unloading of goods and equipment in/on the vehicle and ensure
- the loads are secured and protected by the appropriate means for the safe transit when
- To work unsupervised and on own initiative to overcome any issues which may arise while in
- charge of a vehicle and passengers.
- To liaise with parents, teachers and carers as required.
- To report all accidents and incidents and to complete and verify all relevant documentation
- relating to these. To administer first aid as appropriate.
- To operate radio/mobile phone equipment on the vehicle as necessary in the process of carrying out the duties of the post.
- The post holder must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to our policy, organisation and arrangements for Health and Safety at Work.
- It is your responsibility to carry out your duties in line with our policy on Equality and Diversity and be sensitive and caring to the needs of others, promoting a positive approach to a harmonious working environment.
- You must promote and safeguard the welfare of children, young and vulnerable people that you are responsible for or come into contact with.
- Enhanced DBS (Child & adult)
- Full clean Driving UK Licence (PCV/D licence)
- Holder of Driver Certificate of Competence and Digital Tachograph Driver Card
- Must have experience of driving large passenger carrying vehicles
- Experience of working with passengers with special needs and/or disabilities
- Experience of operating and safe use of passenger/wheelchair tail lifts.