Morgan Hunt are delighted to be working with a Further Education College based in the Home Counties to recruit for a new Head of English.
Reporting into a Faculty Director, the successful candidate will be a highly motivated and passionate leader who possesses the ability to inspire young people, enabling them to transform the future opportunities.
Key responsibilities of the Head of English:
* Prepare and successfully deliver a self-assessment and development plan for the college
* Build strong relationships cross college and engage with learners
* Review, design and Implement effective quality assurance measures
* Improve delivery standards across English
* Lead, manage and direct all staff within the English department to ensure a high standard of teaching and learning
* Increase subject matter knowledge & encourage self-development throughout the team
* Conduct ongoing classroom based observations to identify areas of improvement in teaching and learning
* Support outstanding student success by raising levels of student retention and achievement
* Embed an aspirational culture with students and staff across the curriculum department.
The Head of English will have:
* A recognised Teaching Qualification
* Proven track record of successfully leading and improving English provisions
* Proven Staff development and change management skills
* Experience of developing classroom based delivery methods & carrying out observations
* Knowledge of sector skills, awarding and funding body regulations
* Understanding of, and demonstrable commitment to Safeguarding
Salary - £40,000 - £45,500
If you feel you have the skills and experience to thrive in this fast-paced and rewarding role, then please get in touch.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.