We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Assistant Farm and Attraction Manager to join our friendly and welcoming team working on the farm at The Rare Breeds Centre.
You will assist the Farm and Attraction Manager in managing the Trust's farming and attraction activities ensuring the smooth running of the Rare Breeds Centre, as a farm, visitor attraction and life skills provider.
As Assistant Farm and Attraction Manager you will be responsible for the daily supervision and leadership of staff, volunteers and work placements on the farm.
You will also deputise for the Farm and Attraction Manager in their absence.
The Rare Breeds Centre and Canterbury Oast Trust
Canterbury Oast Trust (a leading local charity providing high quality care and support for adults with learning disabilities across Kent and East Sussex) owns and runs the South of England Rare Breeds Centre which is a busy tourist attraction with more than 150,000 visitors a year. The Farm is a great day out to see traditional rare breed animals, play in the parks, and ride on the tractor.
It also provides valuable training opportunities for the adults with learning disabilities enabling them to develop their animal management or horticultural and customer service skills.
• 37.5 hours per week (working alternate weekends with 2 days off before or after your working weekend)
As Assistant Farm and Attraction Manager, in addition to having values and behaviours that match our own, you will ideally have:
• a sound, practical knowledge and experience of the care and breeding of a wide range of farm animals and equines, together with maintaining the associated mandatory records
• experience of managing a small team in a supervisory role, including undertaking 1-2-1's and appraisals
• good, basic tractor handling skills
• a good knowledge of health and safety requirements
• excellent customer service skills
• a friendly and approachable personality
Pay and Benefits
• Annual salary £20,475 p.a.
• 22 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays; Additional annual leave for 3,4 and 5 years continuous service
• Paid DBS check
• Contributory pension scheme
• Healthcare Cash Plan
• Excellent training and development opportunities
• Free entry to Rare Breeds Centre - 2 adults & 2 children
All appointments are subject to completion of our pre-employment checks including:
• proof of eligibility to work in the UK
• an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service
• two satisfactory references (one of which must be from your current or most recent employer)
• a full and detailed employment history
• full manual driving licence and be over 21 (for vehicle insurance purposes)
If you believe you have the right values and behaviours for our organisation and you meet the requirements of this Assistant Farm and Attraction Manager role then we would love to hear from you.
Interviews will be held at The Rare Breeds Centre in accordance with our Covid secure guidelines.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early