About the role
The main purpose of this job is to be the London Fire Brigade's strategic and operational lead for the Procurement and Commercial Function.
You will be responsible for the development and implementation of an effective and efficient modern Procurement Strategy which supports the strategic corporate objectives and delivers value-for-money the Brigade. Key Responsibilities
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- To develop and implement a modern Procurement Strategy and policies which gives clear direction and is aligned with Corporate Strategies and objectives and brings innovation to the way we procure our goods and services.
- To lead and develop the procurement and commercial teams ensuring the team is diverse and skills, capabilities and judgements are developed and continuous improvement is embedded in service delivery.
- To develop and implement a robust procurement forward plan and programme which prioritises and coordinates procurement activity and delivery and is carried out within required timeframes and financial envelope.
- Embed a robust contract management framework within the organisation ensuring that major strategic corporate contracts are effectively managed.
- Sound knowledge of public procurement and other relevant regulations and their application to a large public sector organisation
- Experience of leading a large and complex procurement function and a solid track record in development of the function in line with modern sourcing, procurement practices and introduction of innovation
- Significant experience of awarding and management of major contracts and developing strong and effective supplier relationships and performance
- Experience of leadership and management in a complex, public sector organisations during a period of significant change and external scrutiny